My new 20 Gallon

F

Fraggle Rock

Here's some pics of the 20 gallon I set up after the move to Woodstock.
Lighting is two 24w 6500k CFL's and about 2 good hours of direct natural sunlight a day.
I do a 5 to 7 gallon water change weekly.
All the livestock and Rock is from my 65, except the Zoa's they are new.
2 Clowns, Sixline Wrasse, Scarlet Banded Shrimp, a few snails and a Hermit crab.
The fish will be going back in the 65 once its done, and replaced with some smaller Nano fish of some sort (any suggestions?)
Tried to keep this tank as clean looking as possible lemme know what ya think?

F

Fraggle Rock

Heres some new pics I just took today I moved the Zoa's around to make a little overhang hoping the little paly's under there start to spread.
Having a little bit of trouble with micro bubbles, but with a little fine tuning i think i can get them out.
Biocube skimmer working so so as expected.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Great little tank. I plan on doing a smaller one myself once I am done with my current build. My daughter wants her own clowns. Apparently the Clark that I have in my DT isn't good enough for her. LoL.

F

Fraggle Rock

I'm Honestly much Happier with this tank then I ever was with my 65 or my 40.
Really easy to maintain. Just do my my weekly water changes, Fill up my top off jug, watch my PH and look for any signs of general unhappiness.
When I do my water changes I switch it up every week, One week I'll siphon any crap and loose macro algae from the bottom with a hose and the next week I use a jug to skim the organics off the surface.

P

phi delt reefer

very very nice fraggle. Love how clean it all is.

If you are only going to keep on thing in there you should get a PEACOCK MANTIS. Cute little suckers. I think with certain mantis you can even keep a small fish for they prefer shrimp crabs, snails, etc.

F

Fraggle Rock

Hmm I really like that idea, but i'm afraid of having a massive hair algae bloom (giving my live rocks past) if i get rid of my cleanup crew. Wonder if my Trochus snails would be safe if i made it my last addition to the tank and fed it well?

P

phi delt reefer

throw a bunch of decortative algae in there so the hair algae wont have enough nutrients. Sort of like a display fuge

F

Fraggle Rock

I have a few different kinds of Algae in there right now just kinda hard to see in the pics.

F

Fraggle Rock

Tank Update:
So I have done a couple big and small changes to this tank over the last few Months, thought I'd share what's been up...

First off I was having troubles with hair algae and bryopsis (I think thats how you spell it?) shortly after I had things going quite nicely.
Figured out the problem was in my routine. I'm doing the same thing as before basically, But I was neglecting to clean out my filters regularly which was fueling all my bad algae growth. So now there cleaned once, twice or three times a week depending how much I feed and how I feel.

Second thing I did was rip the biocube skimmer right outta it... Wasn't doing much besides collecting "Crud" on the sides of it.

Next I added my 250w Mh off my 65 gallon 14k. Going to be awsome when I get that summertime sun flooding the tank again. Expecting good coral growth (bring it on HA I ain't scared). I get my bulbs from these guys.
http://stores.ebay.ca/Hobby-Lights-Oneshop?_trksid=p4340.l2563 
The one's I'm using don't seem too much different then any of the name brands I've seen.

Switched to Royal Nature salt(so far been an amazing investment) from regular instant ocean

And lastly I added a new cleanup crew and a couple small frags, Frog spawn and a devils hand leather.

F

Fraggle Rock

Some new tank pics, only thing I've changed lately is Changed my MH Bulb took out the foam filters a while ago and stuck a cheap LED light over the filter with a little chaeto and caulerpa.
So nothing but Live Rock, Algae, Clean up crew for filter now. 1,2 or 3 liter water changes whenever I feel like. Check SG and PH couple times a week. and keep my buckets clean.

F

Fraggle Rock

New tank Pic. Added a Fire shrimp yesterday looks to be doing well but it's hiding.