Nassarius Eggs!

I picked up a few more Tonga Nassarius on the weekend. I believe I have 5 in total now ... plus about 3 or so of the smaller species. I noticed one of the larger ones on the glass today close to what I thought was some type of algae. Hmmmm ... that seemed to grow fast! The lights were off so the substance on the glass looked more of a brown colour.

After some research and a nice close up pic I now have some Nassarius eggs. I have read unfortunately that most don't make it past the larval stage. But here's hoping! ;)

Let me know if any of you have some advice on how I could possibly increase the chances in getting some baby Nassarius! :cool:

Dave.

Last edited:

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
That's cool. Hope I find some little ones in the near future!

Do you ever find baby ones in your tank?
i do have some small snailes that have no shells crawling around, i dont know what htey are and i think they get eating before getting big...maybe they are them but im not sure

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Nassarius have a long free swimming planktonic stage where they tend to be skimmed out or consumed by filter feeders. That is why they are unlikely to reproduce in most aquaria. If you want to shut down your skimmer for a month you may get some snails...;)