Need A Sparky!

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Okay, I have one 15amp plug in my work shop, and a fire waiting to happen of power bars!

Need someone in the TO area, willing to come have a look, and help me figure out what I need. If the price isn't through the roof (Not saying you are not worth it, but all my cash is tied up in plexi right now) I will get you to do the work.

I found out where the breaker box was last week... heater and table saw... Popped it real quick!

Pretty much, I would like to run some new lines, and prefer to have the power spread out, not daisy chained off of a couple power bars.

I know I am not using huge amounts of power, but I know my saw, heater, and shop vac all have high amps on them. Just need to sort out if I can work with what is here, or going to have to suck it up, and shell out to run a second line (I hope not, its about a 300 foot run to the panels)

dale

look at your panel,see what kind it is , go to home depot and get a double 15 amp breaker to match yours, 2 15 amp gfci outlets, 2 elec boxes to put them in, 300ft of 14-3 wire, however many feet of distance between the two plugs you want of 14-2 wire, take it home, turn the main power off and hook it all up...,, there is a book at home depot called electricity simplified (or close to it), its yellow $20,, you could wire your whole house with it...

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
look at your panel,see what kind it is , go to home depot and get a double 15 amp breaker to match yours, 2 15 amp gfci outlets, 2 elec boxes to put them in, 300ft of 14-3 wire, however many feet of distance between the two plugs you want of 14-2 wire, take it home, turn the main power off and hook it all up...,, there is a book at home depot called electricity simplified (or close to it), its yellow $20,, you could wire your whole house with it...

Few problems, its a shared warehouse, doubt everyone is going to be pleased when I toss the breaker off...

Not my warehouse, thus permission would be needed, at which point I will get the number of his electrician handed to me (which if this is what I have to do, then so be it, i will, just don't want to if I don't have to)

And mostly, it can likely be resolved with a few custom runs of wiring in my own unit (which I can turn that breaker off!)

The running of the wires isn't so much the issue, just want a knowledgable set of eyes to look it over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I'm sure there is some sort of clause in your lease/rent that prevents you from doing anything major. Eg. Electrical

The yellow Home Depot book will for sure let you know how to do it, but if your getting it inspected "pulling permit"...your inspector will most likely tear your work apart as it won't be to "code" somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dale

if your breaker is 15 amp, then there is not much you can do considering its not your place,,use a gfci plug and 2 quality power bars .. or through the landlord..

curiousphil

Super Active Member
I leave my main breaker turned on when installing new breakers.... maybe it's due to the kind of panel I have? I can just pop in my new breaker and leave it turned off while I wire things up. Or maybe I just have a death wish :$.

dale

death wish is right,, off the panel can pump 100 amps into you ,, off a breaker only 15. and it hurts like hell,, do the math,,, lol

my dad is an industrial electrician and all you have to do is turn off 15 amp breaker and pry it out leave the main on and undo the wire after pried out as there is no power to it after removed then wire in new one and push back into slot and reset new breaker its not rocket science just don't touch live bare wires

Okay, I have one 15amp plug in my work shop, and a fire waiting to happen of power bars!

Need someone in the TO area, willing to come have a look, and help me figure out what I need. If the price isn't through the roof (Not saying you are not worth it, but all my cash is tied up in plexi right now) I will get you to do the work.

I found out where the breaker box was last week... heater and table saw... Popped it real quick!

Pretty much, I would like to run some new lines, and prefer to have the power spread out, not daisy chained off of a couple power bars.

I know I am not using huge amounts of power, but I know my saw, heater, and shop vac all have high amps on them. Just need to sort out if I can work with what is here, or going to have to suck it up, and shell out to run a second line (I hope not, its about a 300 foot run to the panels)
hay are you in Mississauga? ill be in Mississauga on Friday maybe drop in and have a look