Need Diy Algae Scrubber Help

Granty

hey guys I'm new here and checked out all of the diy stuff but I can't find an above tank algae scrubber or any plans for one but that's my option without a sump. I'd prefer a low profile one I can build a canopy around and I have an old 8000k t8 bulb that should grow turf algae really well and a 400ish gph pump to supply water up a foot. If anyone has any ideas and or plans for one I'd appreciate it. Also I've googled and nothing good comes up.

bluewater

dollar store is where to start. Get a plastic bin, the biggest that will fit, and get some needlepoint mesh. Also get a compact fluorescent bulb. Ask around for bulkheads one for drain, another for emergency drain and optionally one to bring water in to the scrubber.
Next is habitat for humanity restore (or goodwill) get a desk lamp to drive that bulb, and get some pvc to make a bar to slit and hang that mesh.

I suppose a picture would be helpful but I just don't have one. I think I saw this on youtube... plus it won't be long before someone helpful reads this :)

Cheers

Nick James

Without a sump you could also look into hang on back ones. There are some you can buy if you have more $ then time. :)

I built an upflow scrubber in the back of my biocube. Not sure if you have an aio tank or not.

Granty

All sound good but are there any scrubbers that can flow sloped on an angle from one side of the tank to the other to make low profile and be light as it's a just a regular 30 g bow front tank.