Need help on led's

chief hill

Well I'm running 24 lights in the hood of a biocube diy led system bridgelux 12 rb lights and 12 white both on their own meanwell constant drivers.  The rb have been fine but the whites are burning out like crazy.  1 burns out I replace it and next day another burns out. Over and over I've replaced 6 so far.  I don't know if it's a driver issue or shitty Leds.  Any ideas? 

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

MrHermit85

Must be over driving the LED's. Contact the seller and ask them about it, if it is a bad driver they would surely replace it? Have you checked what your running the LED's  at? Compare your results with what the spec sheets for them and that should give you an idea. I think bridgelux lamps should run at 700mA.

I am not sure about none dimmeable drivers but isn't there a SVR2 screw inside the driver that can adjust it's output? Maybe someone else can chime in on this though as havnt used them before...

chief hill

No its an older system.  No need to call as I'll likely just try to replace the problematic driver. It's constant driver and they aren't dimmable. 

MrHermit85

chief hill link said:
No its an older system.  No need to call as I'll likely just try to replace the problematic driver. It's constant driver and they aren't dimmable. 

Ah ok then, it must just be a bad driver, they are quite inexpensive at least...