Neptune Apex Trident Etc

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
That's terrible. Good thing neptune doesn't give TFT money to suppress that.

I'll admit that I am still using the old black apex units. I bought 2 compete units because I wanted extra outlets and a backup unit. I looked at the new line of stuff coming out of neptune and right away thought they looked like kid's toys. Now it looks like the internals are built like kid's toys too. That's honestly a shame. Looks like they went to china, and just sourced the cheapest internal components.

Agreed- I can't consider buying the new gen apex- I still have the original Apex JR - it’s like a tank that is compatible with Neptune Fusion.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
I have 2 apex classics and have lost confidence in neptune as well, I had an apex jr on my frag tank til it decided to eat the display and boil the water in my tank, caught it just in time, I started building a reef pi controller but got busy, I think I'm going to get back into it.
Here's a link if anyone is interested.
https://reef-pi.github.io/

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I have 2 apex classics and have lost confidence in neptune as well, I had an apex jr on my frag tank til it decided to eat the display and boil the water in my tank, caught it just in time, I started building a reef pi controller but got busy, I think I'm going to get back into it.
Here's a link if anyone is interested.
https://reef-pi.github.io/
Omg I have been eying it as well. Especially with the fact I can print the parts myself. Honestly I was looking at it last weekend but didn't pull the trigger because I work in the auto industry so work is scarce for the next few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

Jason Bell

Apex paid for itself, my fat shop cat went downstairs last night and removed the temp probe from the inkbird controller out of the sump, hence it was trying to heat the basement, thankfully the unit is plugged in to the Apex and it shut it off. Nice way to start the day at 3:45am.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Patiently waiting for a letter from Neptune lol. However I think it would go to Neo email lol

Are they known to do that?

Remind them we're not AP and we're not on the payroll. "Sorry about the truthful feedback bud!"

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Are they known to do that?

Remind them we're not AP and we're not on the payroll. "Sorry about the truthful feedback bud!"
No here but I have seen them intervene on other places. That is all I can say as to not make more issues for them.

The majority of my experiences with Neptune has been positive. The few negatives were bad enough for me to sell all my Neptune gear and go out on a limb to purchase GHL which at the time was even lesser known in NA.

Patiently waiting to see when Ecotech releases one. Would be nice to have some local competitors.

Jason Bell

Patiently waiting for a letter from Neptune lol. However I think it would go to Neo email lol

They should send a shirts, I am thankful and praised them for turning off the controller....no fish fry

Seasquirt

You guys totally confuse me, I need a controller for dummies book. What’s wrong with manual testing or an icp test every couple of months. I like simple, Sure a temp, ph, probe. A camera on the system to see it remotely. Plus the apex is very expensive, I need the cash to upgrade equipment, pumps, lights etc.

Josh

I currently have both an apex and a ghl and I can honestly say I prefer the ghl. Neptune has 1 advantage in that it's alot easier to operate and has alot more resources online. Ghl is priced in the same market roughly but delivery is much longer on stuff you need. I have been on the ion director pre-order for over a year and a half.... I appreciate they are improving the product but damn.....

@Jason Bell if you have any reefbot questions shoot me a pm, I have a reefbot on my frag tank and have had some ups and downs with it. Generally I do recommend it still, it's got so much flexibility in what you can test.