New 200g Build

dale

.. so ive ordered a 72x26x26, 3 sided starfire, external overflow with notched glass, 2 return holes, eurobraced and polished edges from Concept Aquariums... im pretty excited,, it will be for a fowler in our living room with custom 6 ft sump in the basement, and i think im going to do 2 skimmers, 1 smaller skimmer for just the reactors incl bio pellets with its own 9x9x9 compartment in the sump.. and the other skimmer will be my vertex omega 180iss.. i will try to keep this post updated with pics..

dale

i already have a 24"? snowflake eel, a 7" foxface, a 9+" panther grouper, a 5" bannerfish, a 6" lunar wrasse ans a 8" miniatus style grouper that isnt going to make it due to a previous eye injury finally spreading to the other eye after almost 2 years.. .. and im thinking a miniatus grouper, and a trigger,, possibly a clown but the wife doesnt like them cuz she heard they can be mean.. blue throat or pink tail maybe.. and i might not be able to stop myself from getting an angel..

dale

This is where it going..
1465350400081.jpg

dale

it barely fits.. i think im going to devise some sort of water containment system for slow leaks and possibly from hands dripping with a drain to the basement but i dont want a tripping hazard so it may jut be only an inch or so from the stand rather than a couple feet out which i would like...

Nighthawk26

Word of advice. Depending on your lighting choice, I would strongly consider moving that thermostat. Will likely really throw off temps through the house

dale

o ya,, the thermostat has to be moved.. i will take off the baseboard from the back wall and the tank will be mms from the wall , it will be an inch from the door trim on the left and touching the archway trim on the right and will come out as far as the phone jack at the bottom... the external overflow will be inside the wall with the plumbing going through the floor inside the wall which will be accessed through a door on the adjoining bedroom wall

dale

tank has been shipped, i have got a new vertex reactor for carbon, 2 new/used wp 40 pumps, 2 sets of loc line and ordered a 55w uv sterilizer,..
ive installed the headder in the basement and purchased blue wood to build the stand..

i still have to .. move the thermostat, build the stand, build the sump, waterproof the floor, take existing rocks out to scrub them, (wife says no algae in the new tank) decide and purchase the finish for the stand (thinking barn board with 2 banks of drawers), get more lighting, buy or build a cart to get the tank from the driveway to the garage, get an estimate from movers to bring the tank in the house (aprox 400lbs ),, sell my ass on the corner to pay for this shit show...

heath

Distinguished Member
I wouldn't be too worried about getting the tank in the house, my worry would be that piano that weights a tonn getting it out...

dale

,, the piano is of little value, made of wood and on wheels,, its already out,, pics coming soon.
im lookin at $300 for movers with insurance..