New 6 Foot Long Tank :)

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
picked up these two guys yesterday...was a bit worried about the sailfin getting picked on by my big purple tang but so far they are playing nicely :)
20170205_121501.jpg

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
took a flashlight to the sump and hold pods!!! it's infested with them. a couple months a go i tossed a bottle in the chato in my sump and never really thought a out them again. there's thousands now... you can't really have to many right ?

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
over the last week the bottom couple branches on this milli bleached out...the rest of the colony and other corals are all fine...im thinking and hoping it just wasn't getting enough light
20170620_225247.jpg

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Looks maybe like a sting, rest of the colony looks healthy, anything in there that can reach it, or move around and get it? Might be stn, you just never know with sps, sometimes they just die. If it continues to die off you might want to snip some of the healthy branches and make frags, might be able to re-grow. Of course that's worst case scenario.

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
I would cut off the death branch and put it in area with high light and high flow. Sometimes a colony get too large and debris set to the base could cause that
Also check your alk just to make sure

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
I got a frag of jackolantern lepto from @BIGSHOW at the London frag show. a couple days after I got it it went missing and I couldn't find it. I was just moving some rocks and found it upside down in between the rock work. its 75% dead but still kinda alive... let's see if I can get this to come back :)
20170625_183942.jpg

Last edited: