Letsdiscus

Guess was too late.. RIP my flame angel...
IMG_7521.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Letsdiscus

For better or worse... i made a mistake bringing home the stressed powder brown tang from sea life central on fragfest day. Should have been warned not seeing its full color which is often the case when thy r stressed.

Landed up learning the hard way as i have lost most of my prized posessions to this damn ick..

Dima... pls dont make the same mistake like me to stock new fish in ur new setup.. i am done few hundred dollars loss in just two weeks... more importantly my loyal flame angel who was with me for good past few years. Never nipped a single lps.. i am heartbroken...will nees time to recover.

For now, have ordered polyp lab medic.. hoping it can save the rest.. left with only the scorpas tang now and a blue lined wrasses frm the prized collection...

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Just a heads up, ich could have come from anywhere in any water or on any plug that you purchased then or in the past. Also, it can be in tanks without people ever knowing until the add a suseptable or sick fish.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Letsdiscus

Just a heads up, ich could have come from anywhere in any water or on any plug that you purchased then or in the past. Also, it can be in tanks without people ever knowing until the add a suseptable or sick fish.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Very true.. not denying it. But i regret adding the stressed brown powder tang as things started going bad from there...

Dima

Really sorry to hear u lost your angel. I always had problems with q tanks in the past. Thats why i always move new fish to dt. This time i decided to go always qt no matter what.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Letsdiscus

Really sorry to hear u lost your angel. I always had problems with q tanks in the past. Thats why i always move new fish to dt. This time i decided to go always qt no matter what.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yep. I lerant it too hard way... now planing to set up a 20 gallon qt sysyem with bio wheel filter...

Letsdiscus

Sorry to hear about your loss, I know I'm always crushed when a member of my fish family dies.

I'm not sure if this link will work because I'm on mobile but this is the review I posted about polyp lab medic:

http://www.thefragtank.ca/community/threads/polyp-lab-reef-safe-medic.21093/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Do i need to keep uv off during this treatment..
Somethings going wrong. My two clowns have got it too now and my green wrasse and two deaigner clowns r dead this morning

Hiw many scoops shud i be adding for a 70 gallon display??

MeridiaRose

I would do about a scoop and a half each time you are adding it to the tank, maybe even a full two scoops. And as far as I know you should be turning the UV off for about an hour or so after you dose each time.

Sorry to hear about more loss. It's going to get worse before it gets better. It took a couple of days with dosing to notice any change for me.

Hopefully the remaining fish are still eating and with the dosing things should get better.

My fingers are crossed that you don't lose anymore.

Letsdiscus

I would do about a scoop and a half each time you are adding it to the tank, maybe even a full two scoops. And as far as I know you should be turning the UV off for about an hour or so after you dose each time.

Sorry to hear about more loss. It's going to get worse before it gets better. It took a couple of days with dosing to notice any change for me.

Hopefully the remaining fish are still eating and with the dosing things should get better.

My fingers are crossed that you don't lose anymore.

Many thanks so i can turn the uv on after an hour of dose?? I had kept it off all this while since june 1 st since i started dosing..

Letsdiscus

That's my understanding

Ok thanks.. will try it on.. got both my clowns out in a qt and dosed them to copper..hope thy can make it. The rest of the stock difficult to catch so will continue to treat medic. Not much stock left though.. just a scorpas tang. Two wrasses n 4 chromis