New Additions. Finally Got One!

new2reefing

Hey all. Finally got my flasher wrasse. Got an awesome deal out of the bucket right when they got him in. He's currently starting his ling QT in my 5 gallon.
Also picked up my first acan frag, another funky mushroom and what looks to be a candy cane/trumpet coral.
More pics to follow
20161216_190900.jpg
20161216_193235.jpg
20161216_193242.jpg

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
flashers are awesome and ya if you get good with your lfs they usually hook you up if there when they bring in. The longer they sit there the more chance of a loss.

what did you use for substrate? im really digging that two tone look! looks great and nice little acan

new2reefing

Thx all. Ya i went to la niche et moi for the coral (gatineau) and went to marinescape for coral dip. The second i walked in and said whats up the told me they got them in. I've been bugging them for 6 months.

The substraight is the african cichlid sahara sand . Its black and white argonite so it keeps my water at 8.2 ph and buffers calcium. I use it in my mbuna fw tank and fell in love with the look. Makes fish and corals pop nicely and doesnt blow arround much which is nice.