new brain

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

koop

I got a new brain 3 days ago its my first one
he's not puffing up or anything not eating is there anything I can do to help him

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
he looks slightly beached.  If they are not puffy for an extended period of time that can be bad.

I suggest putting it somewhere a little shady and attempting to feed it at night.

K

koop

okay I moved me in to a shader spot but at the same time I don't want him to be too close to rocks if he does start puffing up

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Re: new brain

Mine took a week,was also concerned,I even sent daryl a  message asking his opinion ,keep it low in the tank ,away from a heavy flow ,and give it a bit more time

Sent from my HTC Incredible S

K

koop

thanks everyone for your advice my brain came around yesterday there is no more white around the edges and yes eating and puffing up bigger then when I seen him in the store

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
i aquired a green brain in a trade for a bunch of corals, the guy was really no help at all and didnt know what he was doing, what do you feed these guys? i have him in my frag tank, directly under my 250w mh... im guessing i should move him and feed him what?
thanks, sry for hijacking the thread

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
when the actinics are on I have pressed some pe mysis to its flesh....its sticky so it holds it there...than the tenticles come out and it eats it.  I should mention that the flow is off too.  I really dont do this that often...its great for them but I just dont have the time personally.  I would do it more often if they looked like they needed help.

K

koop

ya they are not big light lovers both my lights are only both on for 4 at the same time and mine its as puffy when both lights are on I been feeding mine frozen kril

spyd

Super Active Member
Brandon link said:
i aquired a green brain in a trade for a bunch of corals, the guy was really no help at all and didnt know what he was doing, what do you feed these guys? i have him in my frag tank, directly under my 250w mh... im guessing i should move him and feed him what?
thanks, sry for hijacking the thread

I feed mine mysis and cyclopeez using a turkey baster. Take the back off the turkey baster, put in the mysis and / or cyclopeez. Then, put it back on, suck up some aquarium water and gently blast some on its tentacles.

heath

Distinguished Member
I started feeding my corals " oyster feast", so far it seems to be doing the job, all of my corals seem happy. Time will tell.
Heath

Status
Not open for further replies.