SITE NEWS New Classifieds Setup Trial/ Testing

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Hey Everyone,

I have been working to modernize and automate some of our Classified Forums. The difficulty here lies in the fact that I know some people use Tapatalk for almost everything and that if I made it useless for classified stuff, I would probably piss some people off. However, this website is not built to work for tapatalk but tapatalk is built to assist the websites users. Just laying it out there that I am aware of tapatalk concerns.

So obviously there needs to be some middle ground that will work for almost everyone. And if you are a hardcore extremist then I welcome you to go join the other extremists in the world :)

Some of you may have noticed that there is a new classified tab in the website menu bar. That is what I am aiming to be the home page of all classified action on this site. The problem is that when I separate things from the normal forums then tapatalk takes a hit in functionality for those forums. So how do we do both?

The way this thing has been tweaked to work is that on top of creating a classfied ad in the addon page it will also create a "discussion" thread in the appropriate forum. So people will still see that a new thread has been started with shit for sale, that goes for tapatalk people and normal website users. At the top of that thread there will be some basic information about the ad placed and a link to follow to the complete ad in the classfied page. You will still be able to respond in that thread and it will appear as a normal post and show as new. But you will loose the pictures on taptalk unless people post the pics right in the description which i do not think will happen because there is an image gallery for each add.

So if you are using tapatalk you can still respond and be notified of new ads / posts. and if you wish to look at the pictures all you need to do if click the link for it to open in the mobile devices web browser.
==================

This is were you all come in ... I invite you to test it out with stupid obscene ads that are totally Fake... try everything out on this. Create funny ads.. respond to others.. sell things to people.. and most important leave me feed back here.

This addon is still new release so the author and myself can work towards new feature and stuff.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
***********Livestock cat is unavailable.. will check after I am done bbq ing **********************************

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Error still in Taptalk when clicking link to view more of ad. To get around that just do the "WEbView" thing.
Responding to ads through tapatalk seems to work now.