New Skimmer... Hmmm

Jewel

Looks interesting, DC pumps are nice, Controlable which is good, Euro Reef 5.2 was a great skimmer, Probably won't have trouble selling it but it's always nice to have the back up.

Bfofre

Nothing wrong with the 5-2, but maybe a little under powered for the 120gals of water volume.. However it doesn't fill the cup very fast.. Takes a few weeks.. :(

Bfofre

I did see that? Is that a good slimmer? I'm out of the loop on skimmers.. When I got back in, I still had my equipment from previous. And Euroreef were the best then!

MrHermit85

the coral box skimmer look like an ok skimmer. I am not a fan of their adjustment gate though as it looks flimsy. I think pets and ponds sells them locally too which is nice.

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
I have a good question.. How often does your skimmer cup fill up?
Mine never fills up because I clean both it and the neck of the skimmers every two to three days so that the skimmate on the sides doesn't build up and reduce the efficiency of the skimmer. There is usually a lot of thick sludge on the sides when I do it that doesn't make it into the cup. I have an ASM with two pumps, a Reef Octopus 1000, a Coral life 125 and an SWC 300 on various tanks and honestly can't say which I like better. They are all working well for me as long as I keep the neck clean.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Nothing wrong with the 5-2, but maybe a little under powered for the 120gals of water volume.. However it doesn't fill the cup very fast.. Takes a few weeks.. :(
and you have 120g of water.........under powered i agree,i also feel you CANT over skim so i would be looking for the bigest skimmer i could fit