New to Salt, Oldschool Fresh Breeder

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bomb1977

Hey guys & gals.

Cichlid breeder and various other support fish, and anything in general that's getting good money.

Crossing over. Keeping my livingroom planted jungle tank, quarrantine tank and my 160 gallon Cichlid community that houses my prized breeding pairs up and running...but getting out of breeding.

I have a nice 125 brand new, super thick glasss sitting in my basement that is currently being renovated and I have decided to go reef. The plan is a 125 top and a 90 gallon sump/refuge. I've been doing my research and I understand how it all works and goes together. I will have a protein skimmer under there, I just have to source some mud and macro alge.

I'm hoping to have somebody build me some LED's in exchange for some of my product at cost :) I sell a lot of nice furniture :)

The tank will begin being set up in the spring of 2013 and will run with live rock, sand etc. alone for 3-6 months. I plan on a massive reef with lots of corals. Most of the creatures in the tank will be to service the corals.

I'm located in Hamilton and I'm planning on taking my time getting this thing going and doing it right. I won't be a force here for a while, but look out when I get running :)

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
sounds great.  welcome to the insanity. 

Mud and algae may be nice but not necessarily needed.  Also a 3 month period with out tank inhabitants isn't a must but not a bad idea.  If you do your research you can move it along faster but this is a hobby for the patient person that is for sure.  Anyway many ways to skin the cat (or so they say).

Stick around and im sure we will have your head spinning with information in no time :)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
welcome! i think there's lots of people on here, i speak for myself at least, that have been into fresh water before evolving into the more intriguing world of reef keeping! it takes alot of patience and can be frustrating but is worth everything in the end!
good-luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.