New To Saltwater!

NewFishGuy

Hey folks! I'm Trevor, Long time fish keeper, brand new to salt water. I've kept fish for almost twenty years, being a cichlid guy for most of that time, with some forays into planted. I took down my last fresh water tank just over a year ago, when I had to move. I recently came across a deal I just couldn't pass up, on a 180 gallon drilled tank and 65 gallon sump, and immediately decided I wanted to jump into salt water.

I have a whole lot to learn, and I look forward to doing that here!

NewFishGuy

Oh, I've already been there for this tank... Made a stop at living aquarium in Cambridge, then picked up some led lights from a fella in langton.. I still can't believe I spent that much in one night! Lol

Skim

Welcome to Reefland where Time and Money have a totally different perspective. 10 minutes Reefland time is 1 hour our time and where $10.00 Reefland is equal to $100.00. Welcome to the land of Tears, Fears and Lies.

Tears, when you watch the tissue peel of your favorite SPS and you can't do anything about it. When you see your Hippo Tang ( Dory ) swim by with a full belly and the Black is Black as Space and the Blue is like a colour you can not describe and your SPS has its Polyps fully extended, fluttering in the current, you then realise for a split second and in the tiniest way, the great beauty that is in this World.

Fears, when you see the on set of Hair Algae and or Cyano. Your Spouse or Parents or significant other sees one of your receipts you left lying around. Never leave receipts out, always hide them.

Lies, $100.00 was $10.00 and 1 hour is 10 min. to everyone you tell. Fellow Reefers will know the truth.

All the best and best of luck on your new journey!

Skim

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Welcome aboard tft... your in deep now:).... enjoy your stay... best forum anywhere!

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Welcome to Reefland where Time and Money have a totally different perspective. 10 minutes Reefland time is 1 hour our time and where $10.00 Reefland is equal to $100.00. Welcome to the land of Tears, Fears and Lies.

Tears, when you watch the tissue peel of your favorite SPS and you can't do anything about it. When you see your Hippo Tang ( Dory ) swim by with a full belly and the Black is Black as Space and the Blue is like a colour you can not describe and your SPS has its Polyps fully extended, fluttering in the current, you then realise for a split second and in the tiniest way, the great beauty that is in this World.

Fears, when you see the on set of Hair Algae and or Cyano. Your Spouse or Parents or significant other sees one of your receipts you left lying around. Never leave receipts out, always hide them.

Lies, $100.00 was $10.00 and 1 hour is 10 min. to everyone you tell. Fellow Reefers will know the truth.

All the best and best of luck on your new journey!

Skim
Very well said!!!!!

Jewel

Welcome to a great site. Very helpful people here. When I started people always said. Do your research. Ask questions but the truth is you'll learn your way and it can be expensive. We are always trying to upgrade one thing or another. Lights, pumps, power consumption, etc etc. 20 years later I don't have a tank but will in the future. If I could give you a word of advice it would be that no matter the size of your tank. It's always going to be limited as to what you can house in that rectangular glass box. Be responsible. Some creatures will not thrive in our tanks. They just won't. Have fun