Newbie incoming :)

ptora

Hey guys,

Peter here! I've recently discovered this forum catered to Canadian reefers, not new to the aquarium hobby but had stepped back years ago to focus on school and work. But with what's going on in the world, I had so much free time and picked up reefing again and started a nano in the home office.

Looking to convert my 40 gallon freshwater to saltwater soon and document the journey and learn more as I go! :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Welcome to the fragtank.
GREAT community, some great advice, some terrible advice, but all fun.

As someone who went from freshwater to salt ~25 years ago, the best I can say is hold on to your @ss, it's a heck of a bumpy ride....

(but we will try and make it as smooth as possible for you).

ptora

Welcome to the fragtank.
GREAT community, some great advice, some terrible advice, but all fun.

As someone who went from freshwater to salt ~25 years ago, the best I can say is hold on to your @ss, it's a heck of a bumpy ride....

(but we will try and make it as smooth as possible for you).
Thanks Salt Cracker! Definitely in for the ride and will try to maneuver as best as I can haha.

Welcome! I went fresh to salt, back to fresh and now have both. Can't wait to see the journey.
Thank you! I'll create a thread once I figure out the new build, won't be anything impressive or fancy by any means but it'll get the job done.

Welcome ,my first tank real tank was a 40 gallon (now I have a 120) congrats !
Thanks Luke! Your 120 is looking great, loving the 2 island scape!

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Always looking forward to a new build thread and watching a tank start up. Always interesting to see what people choose to do in their set up. Lots of great reefers and stores in the GTA area so you are pretty lucky in that aspect.

ptora

Always looking forward to a new build thread and watching a tank start up. Always interesting to see what people choose to do in their set up. Lots of great reefers and stores in the GTA area so you are pretty lucky in that aspect.
Yes! I'm lucky by living minutes away from a bunch of LFS on the dundas strip.