Newbie Tank

Winks

Website Affiliate
Here are a couple pics of my 75g newbie tank. Having a hard time getting decent pictures though
20170204_174551.jpg
20170204_174556.jpg
I wish there was more carolline alge in there though. The tank has been up and running for about 6 months now. Slowly trying to get it better and better although it is hard to be patient.

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Looks great!!!! Beautiful landscaping. Coraline algae will develop in time..... keep up the good work

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Love it great choice of fish , haha I have the same background as you on my tank :p

Winks

Website Affiliate
Well I have been doing some upgrades to my tank. New lighting, I was not happy with the type of hanging for the lights so I custom built something to hold them, more aquascape, and a few more tank mates. The Coraline algae is coming along nicely as nathan had mentioned. I have added more dry rock so it will seed for the 100g tank that is sitting here. I'll take my time setting it up for a reef only tank. I have a lot to learn about Corals though and I'm a bit nervous diving into them right now. But I'm a patient person. Here are a couple pics of the upgrades.
17-1.jpg
17-1.jpg

Winks

Website Affiliate
The lights are great. I'm not sure if the lights are a factor but noticed a huge increase in coraline since I have been using them. There are a couple places to get the extruded aluminum. Here are a couple links if your interested.
http://www.cpiautomation.com
https://www.fastenal.com/products/raw-materials/extruded-t-slot-bars-accessories?r=~|categoryl1:"600930%20Raw%20Materials"|~%20~|categoryl2:"602694%20Extruded%20T-Slot%20Bars%209and%20Accessories"|~&intcmp=hpcat-extruded_tslot_bars

Both have the aluminum and all accesories

Winks

Website Affiliate
They are Dsuny lights. They are 100% improvement from what I had. From what I have been told they work great on corals

shamous113

Heard a lot about those, are they good enough to grow SPSes ?
so far I've seen lots of growth on the few sps frags that I have, the green branching montie has more then doubled in size in 2 1/2 months and my Birds Of Paradise is doing well. i'm running the blue channels at 55% max and the whites at 20%. I am in the process of installing 2 - 60" t5 bulbs to supplement and fill in the gaps.

Winks

Website Affiliate
Well it's been about a year and a half since I started this 75g tank. It's been a lot of fun and I have learned so much from many members of this forum. I thought it would be nice to find this thread that I started in Feb 2017 and give you an update of the same tank. A lot has changed since then, most part, for the better. This pic was taken tonight. Hope everyone can see the difference.

IMG_20180620_204044[1].jpg

Not a very good pic but I think it tells the story.

Troy

I have the same light on my 9g (programmed to 30%). What is you light programing on the 75? I am bringing my 75 back to life this summer, I will be getting more DsunY's for that tank.