Newbie to site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Hi fellow reefers.....I been at the saltwater game for 7 months...have a55 gallon tank  with just a aqua clear filter,protein skimmer 70 powerhead.  I'm in sarnia.  Is there any reefers in the sarnia area  with lots of knowledge?

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
welcome petercar,must be a truck driver  lol  there are a few from your neck of the woods on here,this is a great and friendly site with lots to see and learn,i hope you post some pics of your 55 soon,im sure you will find all your answers here and then some

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Woohoo another Sarnian...  and I encourage anyone  besides me to start a marine store in Sarnia.

And of course welcome :)

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
does  anyone have a alternative to using a aquaclear hangon filter?    i have a protein skimmer and just got  nextreef reactor  we dont want to use a sump  we live i a high rise apt so dont want any kind of filter stystem that will have water running on the outside of tank when theres power outages  or any problems or is the setup i have good ?

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Petercar link said:
does  anyone have a alternative to using a aquaclear hangon filter?    i have a protein skimmer and just got  nextreef reactor  we dont want to use a sump  we live i a high rise apt so dont want any kind of filter stystem that will have water running on the outside of tank when theres power outages  or any problems or is the setup i have good ?

A sump is completely safe and power outages do not affect it....

Status
Not open for further replies.