Not Again...

ColbytheClown

This is a hard post to write. As you may have heard, we had a Coral RX situation where some children poured Coral RX into my tank, and we spent countless hours trying to regain the tank back to normal. The tank has been stabilized for about a month since then. Last night, I feed the fish, everything looked normal, except my gonioporas were not open.

The next morning I come downstairs to look at the tank, and there are 2 tiny plastic containers next to my tank, one with bleach in it or chlorine (not sure) the other empty. I know we didn't have bleach in the house, because I used all of the bleach to "clean" my LR, but that's another story.

So I smelt it and it smelt disgusting, but the tank looked fine, and I even fed the fish, everything was looking fine. I come home at 4:00, look at the tank, and the water is blurry and the fish are ALL dead. I switched out the GFO and the activated carbon, and did 70% WC. All the hermits are dead, I removed them, and the corals are closed up, deformed, and giving off the stress white guck.

I don't know who did this, no one was in the house, maybe it the media sucked it up a while ago, them it leached out of it today, I honestly don't know. Any advice would be helpful, if only I had my 16 setup by now. I am debating wether I should continue at this point, we have had so many losses. Bye :( ...

Josh

Im not sure what you are asking? Did you say that someone randomly placed 2 tupperware containers of mystery liquid next to your tank and the next day the tank crashed?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
They say all bad things come in threes. Hopefully this is the end of your troubles. I am somewhat confused with your post as well. Are you saying that the 2 Tupperware containers were not there the night before suggesting that someone put them there after emptying the contents in your tank? If that is the case, then I highly recommend taking a moment and setting up that new tank in your room or somewhere where no one can access it other then yourself. Unfortunately I am not sure what advice can be given if the liquid is not known.

ColbytheClown

They say all bad things come in threes. Hopefully this is the end of your troubles. I am somewhat confused with your post as well. Are you saying that the 2 Tupperware containers were not there the night before suggesting that someone put them there after emptying the contents in your tank? If that is the case, then I highly recommend taking a moment and setting up that new tank in your room or somewhere where no one can access it other then yourself. Unfortunately I am not sure what advice can be given if the liquid is not known.
That is correct, they were not there last night. Today I wake up, see them, smell the tank, and it smells like the same liquid in the container. I am pretty sure it is bleach. @Josh @TORX
I am so confused because I have no idea who did it. The only problem is if I put it in my room, I would have to be constantly carrying buckets upstairs... that could be a possible option though.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Starting to think someone is sabotaging your tank. Possibly the original professional might not have been to blame. I wish you good luck in the new tank. It is smaller, so water would not be too big of a deal. But I definitely suggest locking things up including your top up water. If someone can't get to your tank, they can always poison the top up.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

SamB

Super Active Member
Something's fishy alright .... :confused:

Very interesting how these random people keep pouring noxious substances into your tank .... kinda hard to believe

Last edited:

Janice

Colby has not told the whole story. Our tank was deliberately sabotaged by a "friend" for the second time. I will post the entire story once the friend's parents have been told.

SamB

Super Active Member
Colby has not told the whole story. Our tank was deliberately sabotaged by a "friend" for the second time. I will post the entire story once the friend's parents have been told.

Just my opinion but dealing with this type of behavior appears to be an internal family matter and perhaps best managed on an personal level and not on a public forum