• Pic-3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blob-79

ok...sorry guys, kinda forgot and wasnt really sure what was goin on...

Here are the submissions
Poll is open for 3 days.
By then, we'll have this all fingered out

Good Luck!

Pic-1
tankdo.jpg

Pic-2
dsc0183vi.jpg

Pic-3
nov3q.jpg

xxmurrxx

Darryl_V link said:
[quote author=xxmurrxx link=topic=1693.msg12270#msg12270 date=1322705521]
Had to go with 1, Not sure if it's good lights, or good photo skills or both but the colours there are awesome.
Or the red clownfish....
[/quote]

INDEED

B

Blob-79

Petercar link said:
Fingered?

...thats what i said.

and ya love the red clownfish too:p True colour im sure :)

na im pretty sure hes showing off his royal blue led strip there

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
When you get your royal blues installed and try and take a picture let me know how it turns out.. My iPhone camera cannot and I mean cannot get the right color. My tank is all purple on rock but no it isn't that purply blue, but the picture looked so cool I had to post it.

B

Blob-79

definitely kazykarl. I think we all know how difficult it can be to get proper white balance...especially with a phone camera...To be honest im kinda impressed by the quality of the iphone camera now.

Z

Zakk

I found the only way to get even a half decent 'actinic' shot is with a DSLR.  You have to set it to RAW mode, then when you import the pictures, use photoshop to remove all the blue, then is sort of looks like what you see when the blues only are on.  Still not quite as good as in person though, with the groovy blacklight effect.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Krazykarl link said:
When you get your royal blues installed and try and take a picture let me know how it turns out.. My iPhone camera cannot and I mean cannot get the right color. My tank is all purple on rock but no it isn't that purply blue, but the picture looked so cool I had to post it.
No worries.....I think its a very cool picture.  Probably not true to life but that is hard to do sometimes.....and those royal blues can really make it difficult.  Anyway I've seen the power of Royal Blue and I'm a true believer.....that shot might not be true to life but probably pretty close.  Looks great.

P

phi delt reefer

Zakk link said:
I found the only way to get even a half decent 'actinic' shot is with a DSLR.  You have to set it to RAW mode, then when you import the pictures, use photoshop to remove all the blue, then is sort of looks like what you see when the blues only are on.  Still not quite as good as in person though, with the groovy blacklight effect.

i have a sub dslr and blob figured it out. you have to set the whitebalance correctly or use one of the preset white balance settings. I am able to shoot true to life images when my system is running all blue plus or true actinics.

LEDs will be harder to shoot but you can use adobe light room to do the picture adjustments instead of photoshop - its easier to use and is just meant to color correct photos vs. the complexity of photoshop.

new iphone is supposed to have some pretty good whitebalance presets from what i can see online.

B

Blob-79

ya, most half decent cameras have an option usually called "evaluative" In most cases this option works the best as far as white balance is concerned

Z

Zakk

I couldn't get any of the whitebalance settings to get rid of the weird effects on some of the fish (the blue tang would look like a 1990 BBS download for example).  I might grab a copy of lightroom, although I'm pretty good with photoshop...

Royal blues are unbelievable.  Even people with regular lighting can benefit from a strip of them in the tank, I run 24 of them for a couple of hours in the evening....it's like, totally grooovy man. 

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
After seeing the reefbrite royal blue strip light on jmonkers tank, I'm going to add some soon, Zakk, do u have a picture with just the blues on and no other lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.