Ok here is my Marco dry rock reef Take#2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidewaze

Re: Ok here is my Marco dry rock reef

mostly stack and zip tied the rock is very stable stacked. I love this rock.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member

your gonna fine that that will not allow for a ton of coral placement, but other than that its very cool... :)

Sidewaze

Brandon link said:
your gonna fine that that will not allow for a ton of coral placement, but other than that its very cool... :)

Well I appreciate the input and I'm sure I'll make minor changes. Define a ton. lol

Poseidon

Distinguished Member

haha alot... lol you will run out of room fairly quickly.... all depends what your plans are but just something to consider :)

jroovers

Super Active Member

It looks nice. I guess it depends what type of tank you are running regarding room, if softies probably ok, if mixed or sps space will be at a premium. As someone who has a very vertical scape, choose and place corals thoughtfully, I've shaded a few out already!

spyd

Super Active Member
Rock work looks good! Just be sure you are able to clean the sides and back wall with a mag float or something along those lines. Nothing worse than crud building up all over the sides of your aquarium.

Is your tank drilled? If so, buy a few pieces of live rock to seed the new dry rock. You will need something to provide a source of nitrifying bacteria. You can also try something like "Dr. Tim's One and Only" nitrifying bacteria to get things started. Then add a little fish food a couple times a week to feed the bacteria so that it can colonize on the rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.