Palytoxin Info (must Read)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Just a note to those just starting out...
8.jpg

Sooner or later you're going to be tempted by a paly or zoa, but very rarely are new hobbyists warned about the absolutely incredible danger these harmless looking creatures pose to the aquarist. Read up and know what you're dealing with, and if you chose to have some, make sure your family can tell the Emergency crew or mortician what might have happened to you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palytoxin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoantharia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palythoa
7.jpg

Palytoxin, PTX[3] or PLTX[4] is an intense vasoconstrictor,[1] and is considered to be one of the most poisonous non-protein substances known, second only to maitotoxin

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Being a avid zoanthid/Paly fragger, THIS IS NO JOKE!!!, I've been hospitalized once and should have maybe been 2 other times, its like the worst drug you never want to take, and never knew you took it, the feeling of not being able to move your legs properly or at all, to scorching spine and lower back pain( that will last for days and days etc), its like a fever that hits you hours later, cold then hot, hot then cold, your body feels like its trying to get out of its self , and this is only from accidents with PALYTHOA,name brand designers at that, not the PROTOPALYTHOA, thats basically a death wish in a box of salty water, stay away from greens, browns, grandis, if you do your research and decide to venture into fragging, keep it safe, GLOVES, EYE PROTECTION, also try and frag under water if possible, watch videos on it, inform your self be safe, and like all things dangerous treat it with respect, be cautious and always wear GLOVES AND EYE PROTECTION, did I say GLOVES AND EYE PROTECTION yet?¿

Kyle1970

I’ve also printed off Palytoxin info and keep it close to the tank. My wife has been told that in the event I do show symptoms, she is to bring the paperwork with us to the hospital.

Copperkills

Being a avid zoanthid/Paly fragger, THIS IS NO JOKE!!!, I've been hospitalized once and should have maybe been 2 other times, its like the worst drug you never want to take, and never knew you took it, the feeling of not being able to move your legs properly or at all, to scorching spine and lower back pain( that will last for days and days etc), its like a fever that hits you hours later, cold then hot, hot then cold, your body feels like its trying to get out of its self , and this is only from accidents with PALYTHOA,name brand designers at that, not the PROTOPALYTHOA, thats basically a death wish in a box of salty water, stay away from greens, browns, grandis, if you do your research and decide to venture into fragging, keep it safe, GLOVES, EYE PROTECTION, also try and frag under water if possible, watch videos on it, inform your self be safe, and like all things dangerous treat it with respect, be cautious and always wear GLOVES AND EYE PROTECTION, did I say GLOVES AND EYE PROTECTION yet?¿
Shooter I think that was just Covid!