PC RAINBOW ACRO......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Hey guys.  I have been pretty sure for a while now that my red convexa is exactly the same as a coral that gets hyped in the US as the procorals rainbow acro.  You can see it go for $130 here at cherry corals  for a small frag.  http://www.cherrycorals.com/product.php?productid=9514

https://www.google.ca/search?q=pc+rainbow+acro&hl=en&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=slqmUJy9EoHzygHk1oHQCw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=657

I thought this was interesting for anybody who owns the piece or is thinking about it.

Thmh

Website Affiliate
ohhotdamn! luckily i got a frag already!! thanks darryl! What placement do you have it at? because mines on the frag rack medium light and it has more of a redish base.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
I think they like a fair amount of light and flow.....

Im not sure what brings out the blueish base but mine definitely have it.....it's only a small ring though.  Definitely hints of orange in the body.  I guess that is where they get the "rainbow" from.  A bit of a stretch but a nice acro for sure.

spyd

Super Active Member
Mine has a greener base on it with a red body. The colour on the other piece you gave me is much more red than my matured piece. I think it is only a matter of time until it colours up properly again though. It didn't like that bout I had with my phopshate levels. I can see it colouring back up now though. It is going to take a while to get back to its full glory.

jroovers

Super Active Member
Mine is colouring back up, always has a greenish tinge to the base, gets nice and red otherwise.  It is really hardy to boot.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
jroovers link said:
Mine is colouring back up, always has a greenish tinge to the base, gets nice and red otherwise.  It is really hardy to boot.

If this is the same coral I got from you that one day, it is by far still my fav. I have had it medium height in tank and the base looks green, then starts into a sunset yellow,orange and then a bright red. Should I put in more light? It looks awesome now but I'm wondering how high you keep yours.

jroovers

Super Active Member
jerry_doucette link said:
[quote author=jroovers link=topic=3563.msg30467#msg30467 date=1353102577]

If this is the same coral I got from you that one day, it is by far still my fav. I have had it medium height in tank and the base looks green, then starts into a sunset yellow,orange and then a bright red. Should I put in more light? It looks awesome now but I'm wondering how high you keep yours.
[/quote]

Yes Jerry, that's the same one.  I've had mine about 12 inches down (plus another 6 inches or so of distance between the surface and the lights), in moderate to strong flow, and it seems to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.