People Wondering About My Surgery

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Just thought I would put this here.

I have had a few people wondering on Facebook and here about my recent posts. I recently had a vitrectomy in my right eye and will be getting one in my left eye in about 2-4 weeks. Some people have heard of getting floaters in the eye which is caused by the fluid in the eye clumping/solidifying. Normally they just say deal with the 1 or two that most people will have and your brain will eventually forget they are there and just see through them. I have had 1 in each eye since I could remember. Now stepping back to last year, I had a thinning of the retina in both eyes. The local opthamologist laser welded the weak spots, however the laser made my floaters worse instead of better. It went from 1 in each eye to literally dozens. A few more laser treatments over the last year were just making things worse. Which brings me to the surgery I had yesterday, the vitrectomy, they removed the fluid from my right eye and put new fluid in. It was definitely an experience as I was conscious while the surgery happened. Everything went well. I see a local opthamologist later this afternoon to remove my eye patch. Now looking forward to getting the other eye fixed so I can almost see normal again.

Oh, and in about a year I will need cataract surgery in both eyes, which is a side effect of the vitrectomy.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Clean bill from the doctor today. Scary thing is that this is what a clean bill of health looks like after this surgery.

bf5a3edf6ae6eddeffebca918bd88099.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Kyle1970

Yikes. Glad to hear it went well.
It’s amazing what can be done these days.

Word of advice,
Was warned by neighbor about retina detachment and other such eye issues. He said you need to address it immediately. Minutes can be the difference between a doctor being able to fix and losing vision. Said when he arrived after retina detachment he was bumped up in front of people with heart attack symptoms.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Yikes. Glad to hear it went well.
It’s amazing what can be done these days.

Word of advice,
Was warned by neighbor about retina detachment and other such eye issues. He said you need to address it immediately. Minutes can be the difference between a doctor being able to fix and losing vision. Said when he arrived after retina detachment he was bumped up in front of people with heart attack symptoms.

You are 100% correct. I just had retinal thinning before. The eye doctor caught it on a routine exam to get new glasses. If it was a detachment here, they air lift you to London for emergency surgery. Luckily mine was caught in time. However it led to this other problem. Feels so good to look out of my right eye and see clearly.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Banned. BANNED. BANNED.

I thought you would appreciate the photo :)

It really does bring to light the importance of taking care of your eyes. Without my regular check ups at the eye doctor, I could have woke up blind, or worse yet, loose my vision while going down the road in the semi. Luckily they caught it early and were able to get it repaired without drastic measures. The retinal thinning was fixed with a quick 1 second blast of a laser in each eye to fix that. The floaters were an unfortunate side effect.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Did you keep th old floaters in a cup:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jewel

I hope you're feeling better Mark, I looked for you at the show me. butt as always you were on the floor checking out the multitude of beautiful Coral

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I hope you're feeling better Mark, I looked for you at the show me. butt as always you were on the floor checking out the multitude of beautiful Coral
Oh this is the old news from in December. I went in for emergency for my right eye March 8th after an earlier elective surgery that day on the left eye.

http://www.thefragtank.ca/community/threads/torx-offline.23138/

PS I was at the front enterance when you came in. I was working on some of the raffle items behind the door ladies.
I tried to get him to show me butt as well.. all I got was a little leg..
I could show you a little more then leg...I could use the cash right now lol.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Jewel

Well I think I've read the complete story now, I couldn't imagine going through so much for an eye or two, I don't look after my self that well and think I'm still 25, I should of had my right knee replaced 10 years ago and now I wouldn't be having such pain in my left knee and hip.

I've been arguing with people here on the board mostly out of frustration with pain and trying to make sense of what people are saying, one post is a joke the next one offends someone.

Is it better to not say boo, I'd hate to piss you off as that's exactly what's been happening. I love that you're so passionate about this great hobby.

Best wishes always. See you at the next fest where ever it is. Jim