Phosphate and carbon reactors

Status
Not open for further replies.

reefin

Where do you dump your "clean water" to?

sump? or to the DT?

If the it's back to the sump do you go back to the first "skimmer chamber" or just back to the return area where the water came from in the first place?

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I take it that you are talking about the water that comes from the output of the gfo and carbon reactors? I'm sure you will get a lot of responses with diff opinions.....I just dump mine back into the sump somewhere a little ways away from the pump that pushes it through the reactor.....but some people only have one pump for everything or many things so I doubt it will really matter.....I'm sure you could even dump it back into the display if you wanted but for most it is kind of a PITA to do this.....

spyd

Super Active Member
Anywhere in your sump is fine. I just wouldn't put the output in the return section as it may cause micro bubbles in your display tank.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Ya, and just be logical about it, don't put the 'clean water' line right next to the pump that sucks it back into the reactor, don't laugh I've seen that before

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
A properly set up reactor shouldn't have any bubbles in it.  However, they may release carbon or gfo bits back into the tank, I use a little filter bag on the output to catch the strays, there are quite a few. 

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Salty Cracker link said:
A properly set up reactor shouldn't have any bubbles in it.  However, they may release carbon or gfo bits back into the tank, I use a little filter bag on the output to catch the strays, there are quite a few.

+1 I use a petsmart $2 small filter bag and an elastic.

reefin

I have a foam pad above my bubble trap so I ran the lines to that! catches any particles!

DSC00187.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.