Pirahnas And Other Predatory Fish

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Yes for the lid...
T5 will work, 6700k or a little higher..
They don't need crazy flow, depending on tank one or two powerhead will do well...
Feeding schedule lol. Hahaha,, just grab a bunch of gold fish and toss them in the tank he will eat when he wants, most likely to only see attacks if you have a separate tank for the feeders, then he doesn't get used to them, also they are shy for the most part..temp 72...

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
What kind are you looking at? Red bellies are not as aggressive as the black ones are, you will most likely get fighting and killing if you have the blacks, unless you have a big tank and are fed well, get more than 1 as they hunt in packs

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
It depends on what you are looking for for the most part no they should be kept alone, if you say had a alligator gar or vampire fish, maybe one or two of each, then had a small pack, say 2-3 piranha they shouldn't get picked off or pick off the others..

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Probably three, one May become food anyways, try to get them a bit bigger or all the same size as they will pick off the smaller ones until they are big enough, and if any start growing bigger try and spot feed the smaller ones to help with survival...

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
I had 5 at the beginning then 3 then 2 then 1, and he was probably 7" and a nasty son of a beach party!!!!, cut a fish in half spit it out watch him die, then eat em... Real nice guy he was:(

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
image.jpg

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Oscars have way more personality and will get to know you. They are the closest thing to a dog with fins you can get.

I never understood the fascination with predators. Piranhas just hang out and always seem to skittish. they also make a huge mess.

if you want a nasty fish get one of these

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Oscars have way more personality and will get to know you. They are the closest thing to a dog with fins you can get.

I never understood the fascination with predators. Piranhas just hang out and always seem to skittish. they also make a huge mess.

if you want a nasty fish get one of these

+1 Piranhas are boring...in a small tank Exodon Paradoxus are attractive and viscious as can be...

I kept a black and gold Arowana in my FW days. Also had an Electric Catfish which had lots of personality although not very active.

Pirhanas always incidentally bite tankmates and each other be prepared to live with fish with missing eyes and body scars...

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
One day I might think about a giant gourami again they are huge and get belligerent in there adolescents. but they live along time and like bananas and grapes. peas as well

Kyle1970

I always thought I would like a nice big predator tank as well.
After keeping Payara and gar for some time, I got very bored with them.
I found they didn't swim around as much as I wanted a fish to do.
Not to mention trying to source healthy feeders on a continual basis.
Never had piranha though.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
tropheous are fun and exciting and need to be kept in a large group and will rip around the tank Lip locking and breeding up a storm. Some of them are pretty