Poseidons Is Making A Comeback.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Its been almost a year with no tanks, rather sad actually but that year was filled with renovations of my new ( to me) house.

Of course new house means new puppy
My little ( for now) boxer-dobie
83d2a1fa59d37ec259ee8f4645d5b85c.jpg

Im all moved in now starting to settle in as well, still prepping for my wedding (Feb 12) but after that things will get rolling. Right now im getting ready to start the planning process, I know over the past year ive checked on here and started a few looking for threads, but haven't actually bought or decided exactly what i even want to buy.

Right now, im leaning towards something a bit smaller, possible a 93g cube but it all depends on whats available / what i find :)
Few details I can provide:

Will be a basement sump/frag tank.
I plan on running very large stock tank full of water and rock to add to the volume of the system to improve stability.
direction of the tank will be mixed reef, predominately lps with lots of zoas.
I'm gunning for:
LED lighting
Apex

but again, the scavenger in me wont allow for crazy high end purchases so it will be spur of the moment decisions ;)

Keep an eye out for updates
Ill post some pics once i can figure out this retarded version of tapatalk

Last edited:

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Although, truth be told i have seen more fish in the past year then ever before
( i am the new sales manager for a Smoked Fish company lol) (trout, salmon mackerel etc)

I also have my tube fresh water aqaurium setup too- that's the same corner my tank will be going as well
9d5d89b59fcaa8de5137e790bfafc66c.jpg

Last edited:

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Yea it's been on the up! Just need to get back into the fishies lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
You'll need an durso type top on the line from the sump to prevent it from running and breaking full siphon all the time but then there will be lots of air in the line which might make getting consistent flow through your scrubber difficult.

The horizontal run doesn't really count as head as it only adds negligible frictional losses at the pressures we run, so that's a bonus. Are you adding a separate low flow lighted fuge to the system? If so consider feeding it off the return and overflowing it into the frag tank then from there into the stock tank to feed everything well.

I am in the process of building a similar system.....looking for ideas myself...

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
im still contemplating this style of setup.
Would the blueline 55 pump i have now be sufficient you guys think?

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Although, truth be told i have seen more fish in the past year then ever before
( i am the new sales manager for a Smoked Fish company lol) (trout, salmon mackerel etc)

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!Smoked Trout:D

Jewel

It is good to see you here kid. Hope everything is great. It certainly is a disease, no tank but my Geismann Infinity is in the closet ready to go. Good luck with the build, it all looks good. I love building a system. Happy New year

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
actually worked out very similar to this drawing, i did start a different thread though (not sure why lol)
i should redo the drawing for fun and compare the two :)