Powerhead Timers?

Tim A

HI there, I have 2 powerhead in my tank (BioCube 32) 1 at the back and 1 at the front on opposite sides of the tank to make a circular flow pattern. I leave these on all the time. Would you turn one off at night to slow down the water flow at night? And back on during the day time? Does it matter?

Thanks

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
HI there, I have 2 powerhead in my tank (BioCube 32) 1 at the back and 1 at the front on opposite sides of the tank to make a circular flow pattern. I leave these on all the time. Would you turn one off at night to slow down the water flow at night? And back on during the day time? Does it matter?

Thanks
I personally believe that the constant water flow is better.

Josh

I have a BC29 and i run both my power heads and both my pumps 24/7, only turn them off to spot feed coral

Josh

i have 1 of the hydor nano's and a tunze turbelle nano
i upgraded the return pump on mine to a maxijet1200

Janice

I am quite interested that you 29 and 32 G biocube users both have more than one powerhead. We have a 40W from that company(cant remember how to spell the name) that no longer sells them in Canada. I find this more than enough for 3 anemones, a coral torch, several hammerhead corals and lots of other small things like icons, Zoas, etc. Why do you guys have more than one powerhead??

Josh

honestly it was to help control an algae outbreak and i just never took it out after, i also have a closed loop refugium with a 225gph flow as well, so yah i am definately moving some water. Everything seems to love it tho

Bill

I use a Redsea Wavemaker to control several of my jets, it has a 8 hour night feature that calms the jets down at night. These units have been around for several years and I am very happy with the reliability of mine. I saw one on sale on kijiji last year for $50, I bought it just to have a backup.