Problems With Marineland 360 Canister Filter

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Has anyone ever used the Marineland 360 canister filter. I just did some maintenance on my tank... replaced the inside of the filtration system. ... turned the canister back on and primed the canister. It won't prime. ... I'm at a loss as to what's causing it.... any advice other then throwing the damn thing in the middle of the road!!

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
With all canister filters. It's always best to fill them before trying to start them.
What I usually do is pull a bit of tank water out in a pail. Take the canister to the sink and pop the lid off. Then fill the canister with the tank water. Fill it to the top then snap the lid back on. Some will overflow as you put the lid on and that's how you know you've don't it right.
Wipe it off. Then take it to the tank, plug the hoses back on and plug it in.
Should start right up

Sony Xperia Z3

Joshbrookkate

Has anyone ever used the Marineland 360 canister filter. I just did some maintenance on my tank... replaced the inside of the filtration system. ... turned the canister back on and primed the canister. It won't prime. ... I'm at a loss as to what's causing it.... any advice other then throwing the damn thing in the middle of the road!!

I have one. I use it for when I blow the detritus off the rocks, about once a month.
Making sure that the stacks are lined up is key.
Those little rubber gaskets need to be on, too. I'd take it apart and reset it up just to make sure.
Also, I have mixed up the "in" and "out" tubing and had a problem (of course!)
Lastly, the little tab that breaks the syphon needs to be down.
I don't mean to imply that you have done anything wrong. These are all things that I have messed up with the Marineland 360 at one time or another, though. Sometimes it's the little things.....
Michelle

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
With all canister filters. It's always best to fill them before trying to start them.
What I usually do is pull a bit of tank water out in a pail. Take the canister to the sink and pop the lid off. Then fill the canister with the tank water. Fill it to the top then snap the lid back on. Some will overflow as you put the lid on and that's how you know you've don't it right.
Wipe it off. Then take it to the tank, plug the hoses back on and plug it in.
Should start right up

Sony Xperia Z3
K thanks . Never had this problem last time... but ill give that a shot....

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
I have one. I use it for when I blow the detritus off the rocks, about once a month.
Making sure that the stacks are lined up is key.
Those little rubber gaskets need to be on, too. I'd take it apart and reset it up just to make sure.
Also, I have mixed up the "in" and "out" tubing and had a problem (of course!)
Lastly, the little tab that breaks the syphon needs to be down.
I don't mean to imply that you have done anything wrong. These are all things that I have messed up with the Marineland 360 at one time or another, though. Sometimes it's the little things.....
Michelle
No worries I appreciate the input. I'm going to take it apart tomorrow morning and start over. I'll even fill with water as Eric had mentioned. ... this is the first problem I've had... but it's been a long day and I've probably done some wrong...lol

Skim

Check your seal around the top. To me it sounds like it is getting air in when your are trying to prime. If you fill with water to get it going keep an eye open for leaks.

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Hi everyone. ... just thought I'd give an update and thank everyone for the great advice.... so I took it apart and noticed that the trays where not clicked together properly... this time they had to be forced back into place( not a problem before).... so I put it all back together properly... filled with water... primed it once and now is running great. :)