Problems With Net Module For Reefkeeper

Chef G

I have but you need to register and be approved I registered like 1 week ago and still haven't gotten my account activated so I could ask on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chef G

Question for Ya though if the firmware on my head unit is 2.06 should the firmware for all modules be the same or would the firmware on the other modules being newer than the head unit cause it to not work properly

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Hrmmm. DA is a PITA. lol. I would need to know your error code to search the forum. But here is what I have read so far...

If you update the head unit firmware you have to do a reset to factory default for the head unit to work correctly. This clears everything. The module order will also change after the update. This will require the NET to also be reset as it will remember the modules with the old module order. All modules have to be on the most up to date firmware for that module to work properly as well.

As for email, the NET module does not use any SSL encryption and does not have all of the usual security checks that a large number of the email providers out there require. You just have to find one that works, but I have read that a lot use gmx.com and I have used that pre Fusion for Apex as Apex has a similar set up for email notifications.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
127 is the error code and id greatly appreciate it this is driving me insane.

Did you press and hold the button for over 10 seconds after you updated the firmware and webpages on the NET module? Note that this will erase all the programming on the NET module, but apparently it has to be done after a firmware update for the module to work correctly.

As for that Status 127...several people in the forum have had the issue, no resolutions have every been posted. One guy changed his cable and all was fine, others just ignore it, sometimes it just goes away. Closest thing to an answer is to contact the support group at support@digitalaquatics.com. No offense, but after doing all this reading and seeing the 'support' in the forums, I remember the time I put into comparing the 2 controllers and definitely starting to see why people sell them and get an Apex. Maybe their email support is better then the forum support.

Chef G

Did you press and hold the button for over 10 seconds after you updated the firmware and webpages on the NET module? Note that this will erase all the programming on the NET module, but apparently it has to be done after a firmware update for the module to work correctly.

As for that Status 127...several people in the forum have had the issue, no resolutions have every been posted. One guy changed his cable and all was fine, others just ignore it, sometimes it just goes away. Closest thing to an answer is to contact the support group at support@digitalaquatics.com. No offense, but after doing all this reading and seeing the 'support' in the forums, I remember the time I put into comparing the 2 controllers and definitely starting to see why people sell them and get an Apex. Maybe their email support is better then the forum support.
I will try this once I get home, also before I had a 107 error... But now it's 127 gunna try holding the button for 10 seconds

Chef G

does it matter if its connected to Ethernet cord or not tried both and holding the reset button for 10 sec still saying ip 0.0.0.0 and now its back to a 107 error....

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I have read everything over on the forum and any time that someone does what you have done, all that is suggested is to contact support. Basically, update firmware, update webpages, hold the button to reset, lights should flash and all should be good. With any error codes, it is just suggested to contact support. At this point, even their forum staff does not help other then saying 'contact support'. Some people over there are just left rebooting it over and over till it works. :/ Post what the results are when/if you get it fixed. Post back if it doesnt get fixed too, that way people googling it will find the information as well.

support@digitalaquatics.com → Email is their preferred method of support communication. Please include as much information as possible. I have read that it can take days sometimes to get a responce back, and typically will never hear back on a weekend.

Support number: 425-527-0995
Monday – Friday
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM PST

Chef G

gunna try ya today I noticed the net module blue led is flashing... is this normal behavior? yesterday was solid blue without any flashing or blinking....