Looking For Purple Monster, Efflo/soli

joshthebox

Never deal with this user
Hello,

Might be a shot in the dark, but I was curious if anyone has the old school purple monster (Acro). Even if you don't want to sell a frag of it, I'd love to see a photo :) Also looking for an efflo!

Thanks.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I had seen it around a few years ago, but I agree- would really like a frag of it- should someone have it. It is my all time favourite :)

Tough one to keep and a slow grower makes it very rare. I do know a source in the US- but that is a challenge in itself- especially right now.

I remember DV had a huge chunk of it at one of our original FragFests, and it sat there for the the whole day. A few lucky reefers got frags of it when the doors closed.

Sept202011tankpic1.jpg

Copperkills

I had seen it around a few years ago, but I agree- would really like a frag of it- should someone have it. It is my all time favourite :)

Tough one to keep and a slow grower makes it very rare. I do know a source in the US- but that is a challenge in itself- especially right now.

I remember DV had a huge chunk of it at one of our original FragFests, and it sat there for the the whole day. A few lucky reefers got frags of it when the doors closed.

Sept202011tankpic1.jpg
Good ol DV, loved getting frags from him.

joshthebox

Sept202011tankpic1.jpg
I hope I can find a frag of it one day, I've been looking for it for a long time :) Such a beauty

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I had some. I gotta say, really overrated for what you get.
To say it's a slow grower is an understatement. Maybe Darryl could get it growing, but mine sat like a lump for ~3 years, then didn't take well to being electrified. I think it's one of those "because we can't get it, we want it". If it was plentiful, I would say that almost nobody would want it.

We need to be circulating around some of the ones with killer colours, make it so that there's a good supply, lots of redundancy. PM wouldn't meet that requirement because of the silly slow growth.

Just sayin...I'd like a little megan fox in the house, but once I had it, I'd have to listen to her talk, and well.........

joshthebox

I had some. I gotta say, really overrated for what you get.
To say it's a slow grower is an understatement. Maybe Darryl could get it growing, but mine sat like a lump for ~3 years, then didn't take well to being electrified. I think it's one of those "because we can't get it, we want it". If it was plentiful, I would say that almost nobody would want it.

We need to be circulating around some of the ones with killer colours, make it so that there's a good supply, lots of redundancy. PM wouldn't meet that requirement because of the silly slow growth.

Just sayin...I'd like a little megan fox in the house, but once I had it, I'd have to listen to her talk, and well.........
Haha I see where you're coming from. It's such a nice purple colour, and the christmas tree growth formation it gets is very cool in my opinion. I've tried asking some old school sellers about the PM but no luck so far :-( Speaking of redundancy, I've got the Leng Sy cap as well as Oregon Tort, once I have a backup frag in my new system I'd love to trade these pieces with other hobbyists.