Quarantine Tank 101?

[KRAFTIG]

So what is the bare minimum and optimal setup requirements? Once inside, how long do you quarantine? And what is the required treatment(s)? TIA!

shamous113

Only filter floss or a sponge (depending on the filter your using) I use a Penguin 200, when using medication i run it with the bio-wheel and some filter floss in it and have filters with active carbon on hand to pull the medication out of the water. I also use Seachem prime between water changes to keep the ammonia in check.

shiftline

Website Affiliate
Sponge filters are another good option if it's a smaller tank. You can let it run in your sump for a month or so to get it cycled and full of bacteria then it's always ready for a QT tank. As for how long. Ideally 4-6 weeks

You just don't want to put any media from the QT tank back into the display without sterilizing it first

You would also want a small powerhead or job filter for flow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shamous113

You will also want to get some pvc pipe fittings to give the fish a place to hide and sleep, I use a combination of 1", 1.5",2" and a couple 3" diameter pcs. also take some time and read up on Chloroquine phosphate prior to using it.