Quartapound's 45g Cube Reef

Quartapound

mTOBnhc.jpg

With just the blue LEDs on low

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quartapound

tNpfknA.jpg

Here's a shot of my recent Arduino PH probe data. it's being uploaded every 10 minutes to Sparkfun's free Data Server. https://data.sparkfun.com/

Although I don't doubt there's some error, I can see my PH is at it's lowest around 10am most days, and that it rarely ever deviates farther than 8.1~8.3 (perfect!)

Right now my sump/frag tank is on reverse lighting schedule but it's using 2x old 36" 16k bulbs that are now starting to produce a lot of algae and not much else.

I'm considering replacing it with an inexpensive high par grow LED (red) for the chaeto. https://www.amazon.ca/Garden-Greenhouse-Hydroponic-Indoor-Cultivation/dp/B016CZJW2S
I'm not growing frags down there so I don't need coral lighting at the moment, I'll probably consider another smallish 'reef led' in the future when adding coral or anemones down there.

I have a Reef Supplies order on it's way with fresh T5 bulbs for the display tank, going to be switching from Blue Blue Purple Blue To Blue Coral Purple Blue. I still have 2 strips of high powered Cree 3w royal blue LEDs that I use sometimes in the evenings or when I want that extra 'pop'.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca

Quartapound

Can you give me a link to the camera?
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01M5ISC7Z/ref=pe_386430_121528420_TE_dp_1

It was a lightning sale, and took some work to get working the way I wanted it to, but I'm using features that most won't.

It won't broadcast to YouTube by itself (no camera will). ...But I'm pretty happy with it now that it's setup. 960p, $17, nice magnetic ball mount, sd recording... At $40 I'd have to put more thought into it. Lots of competition in that price range

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
I'll keep muly eyes open. I'll be looking for something for the front of my house by I don't want to spend a fortune.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Quartapound

I really like my new Bulb Combo. I don't know if the camera would show the difference (the last picture I posted was with the new bulbs) but I switched from 3x Blue plus 1 Purple plus to 2x Blue plus 1 Purple plus 1 Coral plus.

It's also the first time I've ever replaced t5 bulbs since switching last year and I definitely noticed a difference in spectrum between the old and new Blue Plus bulbs(before I added the Coral plus). The new ones are much more blue.

Quartapound

Looks great
What light fixture are you running?
Gotta love the T5!

Thanks!

It's a sunblaze 24" 4 Bulb. Work horse 5 ballast I think, decent reflectors. It was a dirt cheap Kijiji find. I bolted aluminum U channel to it which has 3watt Royal Blue Cree LEDs on them. I only run those at night sometimes as a moonlight, or to make things fluoresce like crazy.

I'm actually going to get a can of black spray paint today to make it black instead of white.