Quartapound's 45g Cube Reef

Quartapound

Numbers are looking to be back on track!! Things seem to be back where they should be, and stable (recovering from super low numbers after summer neglect and testing everything at the beginning of the month). Salinity is now a bit high because of all the magnesium added over the past 3 weeks, sitting at 1.027 now, going to do a bit of vacuuming and let the ATO dilute things a bit to get back to 1.026.

CA 425
Alk 8.3
Mag 1320

noticing coralline growth ramping up again, sps starting to take off....

Corals should have everything they need to grow again... (except space, lol... working on that one).

Quartapound

quick cellphone snapshot (HDR, but no filters/modifications)

P89rbc1.jpg

Last edited:

Quartapound

LIVE VIDEO FEED! not sure how long it'll be up for... hopefully all day. I plan on posting a lot more youtube content soon (hopefully follow my new build, including Live video and feedings!)

Unfortunately you can't embed a "permanent" live video link on the forum so this is for todays live feed

If I ever have a live feed going, it can be found here though

https://www.youtube.com/user/quartapound/live

SUBSCRIBE to my youtube channel!

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

Quartapound

clownfish spawning behavior!??? they're doing it right in front of the live stream webcam right now. looks like they've chosen a spot under the Monti cap right next to the anemone.... one of them is incredibly focused over that spot... the other comes over periodically. They're definitely behaving differently

Let me know what you guys think,

https://www.youtube.com/user/quartapound/live

Last edited:

Quartapound

This is a first for me, I think I was a chronic under feeder for many years (it's pounded into your head as a beginner not to over feed your tank and I took that to the extreme I think) and now I'm starting to plump them up a bit and it's inducing this Behavior. Exciting the first time you see it for sure

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Quartapound

Well, this is the beginning of the end, for this tank anyway!

I've loved this cube.... Hard to imagine I kept it going for so long without scratching the 'itch' to go bigger...

But... Now is that time.

I have a new 120 gallon 4ftx2ftx2ft on order, with steel tube stand.
I'll be drilling it myself, and adding the elite aquatics ghost overflow.
I have 2x Radion XR15 G4 Pro's on order too.
I'll start a new build thread for it soon!

the 45G cube will probably end up getting posted for sale, once the transition has been made... That won't be happening for awhile though.

Onto bigger and better things!

Happy reefing

Quartapound

just a reminder to pay attention to the little details! I almost caused a big issue -- after cleaning up the sump a bit and wiping off the heaters I placed them back in the sump too close together, not thinking. I have the internal thermostats set only a bit higher than the Apex controller for redundancy. They were shutting each other off due to proximity... If I hadn't caught it, things could have gone bad. The biggest threat to our aquariums is usually ourselves!
iFSlTmQ.jpg

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Very good catch and something I have done myself even. I recently bought some Coltbalt Neo Therm to replace my old very old jagers. The Jagers are what I put too close together once and couldn't figure out why my temp was staying so low despite the heaters set right and coming on. Luckily it was in the summer, so the temp did not get too low. The Colbalts are 300w. Each one is actually 2 and comes with a good 2' cord between them for this very reason.

Quartapound

Sooo I ordered (paid in full) a new tank and stand (4ft 120G) a month ago, from Big Als... and It's taking FOREVER. It's a standard tank... Nothing custom. They have no idea how long it'll take. Starting to think about getting a refund.

I also ordered (payed for in full) 2x Ecotech XR15 G4 Pro's. Still no sign of them either.
I don't really want to refund those, saved over 200$ off the normal price... But I'll have to give up and consider other options at some point... I'm wondering if there's a more widespread stock issue with the XR15's, I've noticed BRS has been out of stock since boxing day too.

I just want to get this damn ball rolling... I've been running out of room for quite awhile now

No bueno.

Last edited:

Painter Steve

Donor
I ordered a XR30 Gen 4 pro a month ago yesterday and was told that the gen 4's are on back order but I got a call tonight saying that they got the light in today so id assume they will have yours in as well.