Question About Bulkreef Supply

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
They are having a 20% sale on kessil and Neptune products. The price for the new Apex is slightly less than here in Canada but then you add the 20% discount would it be worth buying rom there? Would the shipping and duty just nagate the savings?

Last edited:

[KRAFTIG]

I recently purchased two separate orders from them, recommend them highly. Both purchases were shipped to US Address, in total $1700 worth of goods. Saved over $300 and no duties (I did not declare). With the recent US sales and reward points (free stuff) it's a no brainier. None of the Canadian online sites were offering similar saving, like 15% off Trigger Sumps etc.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
If you have the opportunity to ship to a US address, then it is worth it. Right now there is approx. a 29% exchange rate, plus some banks charge extra for the exchange, plus they charge duty and shipping, it quickly get up to...if not more then shopping here. That is the main reason that the group buys stopped as well. If they have them on sale, most likely reefsupplies will too as all Apex and Kessel products follow the same pricing guidelines.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Never seems like those brands go on sale. But patience and budgeting are the two main disciplines in this hobby. Well for some of us ;)

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Very true. There are several brands out there that vendors must follow strict pricing guidelines or risk losing the supplier. Commonly referred to MAP. If one place has it for sale, there is a very good chance others will post shortly although a store does not have to participate in the discount.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
BulkReef supply store has some seriously scary tracking software. I get the email, if I click on a sale and visit their site they then can tell it's me and then several hours later they send me a follow up email saying hey we know that you just looked at this on our website, it's a good deal !

[KRAFTIG]

If you have the opportunity to ship to a US address, then it is worth it. Right now there is approx. a 29% exchange rate, plus some banks charge extra for the exchange, plus they charge duty and shipping, it quickly get up to...if not more then shopping here. That is the main reason that the group buys stopped as well. If they have them on sale, most likely reefsupplies will too as all Apex and Kessel products follow the same pricing guidelines.

It's quite easy. If near Buffalo use, http://www.usaddressinc.com/ $5/package

Last order after conversion I saved $219; plus free Eheim 250W heater and case for my Milwaukee Refractometer

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
It's quite easy. If near Buffalo use, http://www.usaddressinc.com/ $5/package

Last order after conversion I saved $219; plus free Eheim 250W heater and case for my Milwaukee Refractometer

I was referring more to the items that were posted. Saving 20% but then getting charged 29% exchange plus all the extras, it starts to add up to more. Also, it doesn't look like a 20% discount. They are offering $20-50 worth of loyalty points (value of points depends on item purchased) when purchasing the new Apex. If you are shopping for non MAP items, and getting it shipped to a US address, then you can still save a ton like you did. Plus sounds like you scored some sweet deals.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Right now through the check out on both sites. It actually isn't cheaper unless you count in the $50USD in loyalty points that can only be used on the next purchase and they expire in a year from purchase date.

Bulkreefsupplies.com

Apex Controller System - Neptune Systems $799.95 USD
Item total $799.95 USD
Tax $143.99 USD
Shipping $24.28 USD

Subtotal $968.22 USD

Subtotal $1294.36 CAD

reefsupplies.ca

Subtotal ( 1 item(s) ): $1079.94
Shipping cost: $0.00
Sales tax 13%: $140.39
Total: $1220.33
Apex 2017 $1220.33 CAD

[KRAFTIG]

I was referring more to the items that were posted. Saving 20% but then getting charged 29% exchange plus all the extras, it starts to add up to more. Also, it doesn't look like a 20% discount. They are offering $20-50 worth of loyalty points (value of points depends on item purchased) when purchasing the new Apex. If you are shopping for non MAP items, and getting it shipped to a US address, then you can still save a ton like you did. Plus sounds like you scored some sweet deals.

Yes, absolutely.