Question of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Now as xmas day is soon here.  And new years eve and day ..the question is  What are yu reefers that are going to be away from yur tank. For a few days goin to do ?...like feeding ...ATO ...do yu have a controller or no?..

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
i run and ato with 10gal tank as a reservoir.
and i have a automatic feeder that goes twice a day...

C

Camps23

Brandon link said:
i run and ato with 10gal tank as a reservoir.
and i have a automatic feeder that goes twice a day...

Same as above. I have left for 10days without an issue

spyd

Super Active Member
I just got back from a week of holidays. I was able to make it without any casualties or issues whatsoever. Any longer than a week though and I would have been in trouble. I went through the entire 25G of RO/DI water in my resevoir. I think I left on the HRV which I probably should have turned off that week since I had the heat cranked down in the house anyways. It might have been too dry in the house which would cause a lot more evaporation.

I had 2 auto feeders running. 1 with flakes and 1 with NLS pellets. Also, I run a controller for the lights and heaters. The skimmer was full, but not overflowing so I was good to go there.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Apex turns on a solenoid valve that opens the water supply to the RODI unit and tops off 2 top off containers for two tanksl.  each container is 2.5 gallons.  If they dont fill up , my main system has 14gallon of extra water to evaporate before it become an issue for the pump.

AdamS

I am setting up a 20gal brute connected to a float valve for ATO. I am going to see how it works tonight, if it dont work i am going to get a tunze ATO from IA. Feeding will be via pre portioned food by one of the neighbours. I set up the doser last week that i got from Blob, so that should be fine, but my tank is pretty bare anyways, so i could have portioned some calc and alk for the neighbour too. I think that about covers it.

Maybe i should consider an auto feeder with some pellets...

Status
Not open for further replies.