Recently Hooked

ChrisR

Hello, i'm Chris from Welland, I have a 75gal that I set up back in Dec. As I am fairly new to the reef experience I have been fish keeping for over 10yrs.
IMG_20160503_150156.jpg

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
A: Welcome to the best local site out there.
B: Fish is nothing compared to a reef tank. First 2 rules of reef tank; forget what you know about fresh water (there are very few similarities, easier just to start a new mental wiki for reef tank). Take it slow. Your tank looks great and starting in December, it seems like you are going the right pace for long term success.

Looks like you are running sumpless with a HOB filters. Careful with those. Not that it can not be done, but take care with your maintenance.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Great to see, the patience and dedication to maintenance in fresh will serve you well. But salt is just so much more demanding and sensitive. Welcome

ChrisR

The HOB equipment is just temporary. The tank was originally purchased 5yrs ago and set-up as a Brackish with 5 Mono Argentus and 3 Columbia Sharks, all of which have been re-homed. I am in the process of constructing a DIY overflow and Algae scrubber, just have to figure out how to get my sump under my stand.

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Welcome to the fragtank. Lots of helpful knowledable people. A great site