Red Flat Worms

Franco

Hi forum,

what is your best product reef safe for those little :mad::mad::mad:....i just notice some very small in my sump.

Thanks for the help.

Franco

No i have a juste few that is in my sup on de egg crate, they are very smal...in my principal tank i have tu much predator for them.

Bece13

If they are Red Planaria Flatworms then Flatworm exit will work. As Kman said, they release deadly toxins when they die. Be prepared to do a large water change and run carbon afterwords. If you do this you will be fine. You might need to repeat the process.
You can also look into getting a yellow wrasse, six line wrasse, green mandarin but I believe they are hit and miss.
I also read about using peroxide. Never tried it but here is the link:
http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/peroxide-and-the-use-against-flatworm.228032/

Nemo22

+1 kman. I used Flatworm Exit. I vacuumed out as many as I could with small water change (about 5-10%), then dosed Exit as per directions, then vacuumed out floating bodies after recommended time, then completed second water change with same water quantity as first. After about 3 or four doses with several days in between, I purchased a Sixline Wrasse and he's maintained the tank ever since. Been over a year since I've spotted one now. Good luck.