Closed-Inactive Red Sea Reefer Xl425 For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefgrrl

Website
www.youtube.com
44AF6FED-FC9A-49E8-BDEE-573FD9FA3CB4.jpeg
73F25A17-D957-4F94-9EE2-550DB1349358.jpeg

SOLD - thank you Alex, for a smooth transaction!

Red Sea Reefer XL425 for sale - see this tank on YouTube! (Search for Reefgrrl - that’s my channel.)

Brand new costs $3,200 plus tax - I’m asking just $1250.

All original as supplied when new (no mods except shelves in cabinet).

Includes:
Display Tank (88 gallons, 47” wide x 22.5” front to back x 22” high)
White cabinet (upgraded colour, shelves added in open section)
Sump (24 gallons, glass)
Plumbing as supplied when new

BONUS: Custom-made polycarbonate and mesh Clearview lid with 2 feed doors also included

No equipment is included - just the items listed above.

I have loved running this tank! But, I’m selling because I’m upgrading. Tank is running now and I’m gradually moving the contents into another tank. Can be viewed now to prove it’s in very good condition and leak-free. Physical distancing and wearing of masks required while in our house (fish room is located near the front door). Will be empty by June 25 and can then be taken apart for moving. I will be thoroughly cleaning up all of the spilled dosing chemicals and saltwater splashes!

If you’re interested, here is a recent video of the tank:

Please contact me with any questions. Located in north end Paris, pick-up only, we cannot deliver it.

Last edited:

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
My tank is inwall and 30 inches deep (front to back) and I wouldn't want it much deeper, gets pretty hard to work on stuff at the back

Reefgrrl

Website
www.youtube.com
The new tank will be set one foot out from the wall and the 72” dimension will be the width. There’s a minimum of 2 feet on either side and 7 feet at the front. At a maximum of 24” deep (but likely will be 22”) and with a walkway installed on three sides, there will be a spot down the centre where it’s possible I might not be able to reach the bottom. So aquascaping will be set up to make this a cave area.

It’ll be a fish room and I’ll probably have a recliner chair in there, there’s lots of space. There is a set of double doors opening into the room. I’m having the closet built as an alcove, and plumbing and lighting for a sink area in there. So if needed, I can run a pump and hose out of the display to drain into the sink - it’ll be close enough.

The floor is supported in the basement by walls under each side of the tank, which are sitting on 24” deep concrete footings (they are there now - we checked them last weekend).

We’ve been planning this for months, and I’m always happy to hear of others’ experiences. I’m 100% sure that when we are ready to move into the house, the fish room space will be smaller than what I see in my head. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.