Reef cleaners?

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
davesolo29 link said:
Nobody goes to Sarnia.  Doesn't matter how good the deal is.  Ask duke.  Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, well theres no stores here.. so a trip isnt all that worth it, at least when i goto london theres 2 stores to stop at, hamilton i always at least hit up the coral reef shop, toronto you can do the rounds.
im still good from the first buy i did with this place, they were really generous thats forsure.

reefpuffer

Petercar link said:
the orders came from reefcleaners.com.    but wrong time of year to get them now.    they may freeze.
Ya good call, spring is right around the corner, I can wait, but next order I want in  :D i can go to states and pick up if needed?

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
:police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Be My Guest ;)

reefpuffer

Lol i get stuff from the states all the time, what's the big deal? I know all the laws regarding bringing stuff over, as long as it is going in your home aquarium and your not bringing it back to sell it, it is perfectly acceptable and very legal

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Ya you are right :) but with group buy quantities and you tell them you have 5000 dwarf cerith snails.  They get intrigued:)

But I have never had trouble with he border for reef cleaner stuff

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
reefpuffer link said:
Lol i get stuff from the states all the time, what's the big deal? I know all the laws regarding bringing stuff over, as long as it is going in your home aquarium and your not bringing it back to sell it, it is perfectly acceptable and very legal

Not sure where you ever got that information.

For susceptible molluscs and crustaceans, an import permit is necessary unless the requirements for the personal use exemption found in the Health of Animals Regulations are met. If you are importing a large number, you may be subject to anal probing etc. I do not want someone to get that surprise and fines as well as possibly loose the ability to cross the border due to ignorance. Neopimp has been lucky so far, it all depends on the border guard you get, what you claim it as, and/or if you declare it.  You probably will not go over the three kilograms of molluscs rule, but four crustaceans is all that you are aloud. Even then, they have to be yours for your personal use, not purchased for/by someone else, so a large order may raise an eyebrow.

Aquatic Animals for Personal Use

193. (1) Despite section 191, an aquatic animal listed in Schedule III may be imported without a permit if

(a) the aquatic animal is imported by a person for his or her personal use;
        (b) the person brings the aquatic animal into Canada or picks it up at the point of entry into Canada; and
        (c) the person presents, to the inspector, proof of his or her identity and proof of the manner in which he or she acquired the aquatic animal.

(2) The quantity of aquatic animals that may be imported under subsection (1) shall not exceed

(a) four crustaceans;
        (b) three kilograms of molluscs; and
        (c) ten finfish that are not eviscerated.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
They have a list of controlled stuff.  None of our aquarium  critters are on it.  The laws are written more for food kinda stuff. 

Write all out .  Each order separate... Totals... The quantity of each animal. Common name... Latin name.. And proof of the forum or club you are apart of.  I had to show it once to them. 

Never lied and never had a problem.  They were asking a lot of questions about it though.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
There is a lot of laws actually regarding what can be imported into canada when it comes to aquatic animals, corals, fish, etc..... Just because you show up and claim what you have to the guard and he lets you go doesn't mean you were actually allowed to bring it across or that you had the right paper work.....
For instance even look at the laws regarding infant car seats....yet, lots of ppl bring across car seats from both ways all the time without any issues.... Is it legal? Technically, no.... I think Torx made a good point by letting people know that it is not ok if you say it's for your home aquarium and it is important to know the actual laws surrounding out hobby and cross border shopping.... For those that wish to search deeper, EC (environment canada) is who controls the importation of our hobby related live goods....
I'd also like to point out that EC has been slack in the past and has taken criticism for it as of late..... Expect things to tighten up IMO

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Nothing on the reef cleaners website is controlled or restricted for import.

Personal use and you are fine.  I have done a couple group orders for reef cleaners plus some personal ones.  Even getting sent into secondary for inspection was no problem.

Called the Canadian food inspection people and they said if it not on a list they use then they have no concerns.

Everyone was more curious what a couple thousand snails looked lol in a bag