J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
harleymike link said:
Looks great, nice an healthy.
Question, how does one frag up zoas.
thanks

Carefully, or one risks an emergency trip to the ER room. And a night explaining paly toxin....

Don't get anything in your eyes, mouth, or open cuts.

To frag a zoo, you simply divide up the polyps. They are all single stalks. New ones form at the base, then move away. So, to frag, simply scrape it off the rock, and glue the small fragments of rock to a plug. Good water conditions etc, and the plug will be full in no time!

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
J_T link said:
[quote author=harleymike link=topic=5036.msg47606#msg47606 date=1365304304]
Looks great, nice an healthy.
Question, how does one frag up zoas.
thanks

Carefully, or one risks an emergency trip to the ER room. And a night explaining paly toxin....

Don't get anything in your eyes, mouth, or open cuts.

To frag a zoo, you simply divide up the polyps. They are all single stalks. New ones form at the base, then move away. So, to frag, simply scrape it off the rock, and glue the small fragments of rock to a plug. Good water conditions etc, and the plug will be full in no time!
[/quote]

+1 or take a chisel and hammer to the rock they on. Hammer time style!

reefer41

if its a big rock you can use a dremel, bone cutters work good to depending on the piece.. using a sharp blade to get under the pylop to get off.  working off frag plugs is easier than rocks. make sure you wash hands after, and wear safety glasses, i've had some that spray liquid out.