reefgeek Intro

reefgeek

Hey all,
Glad to say that I will be migrating over to the TheFragTank.ca as I have been lurking around for the past bit and enjoy the overall outlook of the site and the community that is forming here.
I've been a reefer for the past 8 years albeit no tank for the past three :(..
That being said I have a 300gallon build underway that some may have seen on another site, under reefgeek110 user name. I will be starting a new thread for the build here as it is finally, after a year of planning and slow building, starting to ramp up.

That being said I do have my first child on the way come September, so this build could slow down around that time. The best thing about it is that my wife is encouraging me to continue through with the build which I can not be grateful enough for.

I live in Barrie and would be curious to know if there are any other members on here in the area?

See http://www.thefragtank.ca/forum/index.php?topic=8612.0 for the build thread of the 300g

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Congrats and the kid... Just tell the wife that babies love fish if she has second thoughts :)
Welcome :)

Our user base is slowly expanding north.  Spread the word

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Welcome and congrats on baby and big tank build :p

Like neo said, spread the word, we do have several members joining from Toronto, orange ville etc :)

No far is to far to drive for corals and fish ;)

Marz

Poseidon link said:
No far is to far to drive for corals and fish ;)

Aint that the Truth...welcome from Orangeville! I have visited shops from London all the way to your neck of the woods Reefgeek. TBH, this site is why my tank is actually running...well I pay for the power, frags and fish etc...and can only inspire to have a 300g someday.

Great people on here, enjoy your stay.

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Welcome to TFT

Congrats of your first child and also a 300g build  ;D

Lots of great people in this community.  I've been part of other forums and they all seem to be full of arrogant "know it all" people.  You'll never get flamed here for your opinion. 

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
EricTMah link said:
Welcome to TFT

Congrats of your first child and also a 300g build  ;D

Lots of great people in this community.  I've been part of other forums and they all seem to be full of arrogant \"know it all\" people.  You'll never get flamed here for your opinion. 

Well you might get flamed but we have ways of dealing with things like that ;) Or you deserved it :)

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
:welcome:
Enjoy your stay, and congrats aswell on your first child. Awesome place full of awesome people! and like EricTMah said this forum isnt full of arrogant d*cks, just friendly always ready to help people, to many forums like that nowadays.

reefgeek

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I can not wait to get this tank wet but at the same time patience is the key to success in this hobby.

@EricTMah and reeferkeeper420 I could not agree more and I've noticed that these other forums seem to be tanking as well after years of dictating with an iron fist, I do not see that here and thus why I am here.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Definitely welcome to the site. I love to see these big tank builds. I may need to search around for your tank thread until it pops up here. Hope you enjoy the stay and help.

reefgeek

Torx,

Don't worry about searching around as the build is not very far along.
I will post what I have thus far in the member tank area shortly but then need to get to working on it today and will try to get progress pics after today.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
reefgeek link said:
Torx,

Don't worry about searching around as the build is not very far along.
I will post what I have thus far in the member tank area shortly but then need to get to working on it today and will try to get progress pics after today.

Ya, it is the weekend, lots of time to get some build time in. Dont make me get the ban hammer out lol j/k

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Welcome to Thefragtank.ca!!

I found your build thread on AP. I hope you don't mind me posting a link.

http://www.aquariumpros.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=46461

Look forward to reading more about your monster tank.

reefgeek

Thanks Rick, not sure if there is a policy against linking to other sites...?
If you check out the member build thread you will see that I've quickly summed up the progress to date in a build thread there.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Only rule I know is pics or it isn't happening or didn't happen :p

Welcome to the forum :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Links to other sites are fine if they are pertinent to the conversation.  Shamelessly plugging websites will get you spanked:)