Refugium Lighting

Zombiex

Has anyone used the led grow light from costco on there refgium. Been debating it. Currently using a fiet electric grow light. My cheato is alive and doing ok but no significant growth in close to a year. Attached pictures are the light spectrum.
20190203_141641.jpg
20190203_141645.jpg 20190203_141643.jpg

Copperkills

Has anyone used the led grow light from costco on there refgium. Been debating it. Currently using a fiet electric grow light. My cheato is alive and doing ok but no significant growth in close to a year. Attached pictures are the light spectrum. View attachment 18500 View attachment 18498 View attachment 18499
BRS has a great video about refugiums and lighting. If you are experiencing slow to no growth with your chaeto it’s likely that your light source isn’t powerful enough; Meaning that your DT lighting is much more intense and nutrient uptake is occurring in your DT rather than your sump.

Winks

Website Affiliate
I bought one of these lights and had very little success with it. The chaeto that I had at the time died off. I have since upgraded my refugium lighting to something more intense and it's working great for me.

Winks

Website Affiliate
Right now I'm using a Kessel H80. For the size of refugium that I have, 24 L x 18 W x 16 H, it's a little to small. But it's still doing a fantastic job. I'm probable go with the next size up.

Copperkills

I’m also using the Kessil H80 Flora in a fuge area of 12Lx12Wx10H and I’m getting great chaeto growth.