Rock Cement

Seasquirt

Hello All
Does anyone know where i can get some rock cement thats Reef Safe? I plan on cementing my rock together. I can get some from BRS but i thought maybe i could get some here locally.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Pretty sure all the major spots carry some. Reefsupplies.ca should but not sure what brand. Sustainablemarinecanada.ca carries NYOC Reef Cement i believe. @Winks @reefdiver bigshowfrags.com carries Reeffix by Fauna Marine

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

Seasquirt

I was told about the Aqua Forest cement, sounded good. So tell me how do i go about ordering some of it from you. I know? You are an affiliate so i need to check out yiur affiliate site and i will thank you

Seasquirt

I wanted to comment on how i used the Reef Cement that i got from Substainable Marine.

I went to the store in London and when i saw the package i thought that there wasn't much there but then i didn't need much.
I didn't use it right away because i was apprehensive, when i did i think i git lucky on my first mixture. I put some in a half bucket and added water and it was runny so i added more powder and the consistency was perfect. Kinda like plastersine but a little bit more gritty. I wanted to cement a rock on the edge of another to make an over hang and after brasing the two for about 15 minutes and pushing the excess cement along the sides it stuck together. Perfect.

I had used about half of the mixture so i decided that i better choose another place and get it right again.

When i was in the stire Ian said dont use too much water.
Now i had a big flat rock that i wanted stuck to 3 other rocks,

Well i screwed this one up big time, i added to much water and it was runny but i was trying to work it but it wouldn't thicken up so i kinda left the have bucket on it's edge and was thinking about what i could do, it was sitting idle for 30 seconds tops, i reached down to pick up the bucket of this runny mess and it was solid. I couldn't believe it. I tryed to break it up and it did a bit but it was too far gone by then.

I'll get it again, it was 15 bucks and theres lots to purchase at the store. One thing that i was happy to there was they are carrying brs additives 3 part ingreadiants. I will definitely be going back for that, i bought b ionic from brs and would rather mix my own.

Anyway, great products, very nice peeps. It was a really nice expeariance.

nanoreefwanabe

I used baking soda and (water thin)crazy glue...
Best thing I have used to date...rock breaks before the glue does...burns the hell out of your eyes so use in a ventilated area...
Simply pile up some baking soda where you want to join the rocks...mash the second rock into the pile, fix the pile with your finger, then drip on the crazy glue, it wicks in instantly, and hardens instantly too...
Over a year in my tank so far no issues.

wtac

Emaco hydraulic cement but you have to use an acrylic sealer in mixing so you don't get pH spikes and if you wish to do a DIY rock background in the aquarium, it wont eat away at the silicone seam bond. For the $ you pay "industrially" you will get 5xplus the qty vs aquarium branded equivalents.