Rock!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gietz

Hey All,

just got my new rock in the mail Yesterday, its the eco-reef rock, and it amazing!! totally satisfied with this stuff and it looks great.  If anyone out there is going to to starting a new tank go with them you wont regret. it for 200 bucks i got 50 lbs of rock and 40 lbs of sand
NOW THATS A DEAL lol

cheers!

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
Eco reefer. They make Rock but it looks amazing. My buddy Put 50 lbs in his 75. It's unreal

G

Gietz

it dead rock so you have to grow it up ( if that's what you call it) but is all cleaned and everything, I'm getting excited to start my tank!!!!

S

shayneh

http://www.eco-reefer.com/

They are in Kitchener! Krazykarl it's not manufactured it's still actual reef rock but it's quarried from an ancient inland reef instead of being hacked off the living reefs in the ocean.

quikcolin

I also purchased EcoReefer rock, and I really like it!

Day3.jpg

G

Gietz

Nice picture i really like the way you built them up, thats my next plan gotta figure out how i will stack them which should be an adventrure lol  does anyone one how long it will take to turn them into live rock once i add them i will be adding 15 lbs or live rock

G

Gietz

ive heard a couple of months but then again i asked the question and im a newbie ha hah ah ah  :D

S

shayneh

How would it? It is quarried from an ancient reef.....the only algae you would get would be as a result of the initial cycle which would quickly disappear if your water params were kept in good order.

eco-reefer.com

Making the rock live doesn't take that long (a few weeks) - its getting the coraline coverage that takes a few months (the purplish encrusting algae). The rock will become live with bacteria (the true meaning of 'live' rock) as they colonizes to deal with the bio-load of your systems - typically by the end of your initial nitrification cycle the rock is considered 'live'.

To quicken the coraline coverage you need to get a good source of coraline algae and place it near an area of high flow and every few days scrape the coraline source to release spores.

The rock is not manufactured - it stated previously in this thread the rock is from a quarry and is from an ancient reef. We have over 5000lbs of rock currently in stock and have about 1000lbs of cut and shelf pieces. For those who can come to Kitchener, you can hand pick your pieces and save on shipping costs (by appointment only please).

PrimeCut_MED.gif

Prime Cut Reefer Rock​

Status
Not open for further replies.