Rodi Auto Shutoff Float Valve Help

Wagonpitt

Only been in new house since september and already forgot rodi on more then a handful of times, floor will be garbage sooner or later.

Want to add one of these befor it gets there.

https://www.aquariumdepot.ca/aquatic-life-automatic-shut-off-float-valve-kit-1-4-inch.html

https://www.aquariumdepot.ca/eshopps-float-valve.html

The aquatic life has auto shut off included. But i think my rodi unit already has one too . (pic)

Problem is i plug the output line with finger and i feel the pressure build up and eventualy starts leaking so either this isnt a auto shut off that i have on there or its not working .

From what i understand a float falve would plug the output, pressure would switch auto shut off and i should get no more water coming out of waste line or output line .

When i plug with my finger and try to feel for auto shut off switching i cant feel anything. Pressure doesnt stop on my finger until it leaks and wastewater never stops either.

Is this thing in my picture even a auto shut off or another piece of rodi. Looks like one to me.
Ive read its not suggested to have float valve without auto shut off because just like my finger enough pressure and float valve will let it leak or pressure could build up and crack rodi unit.

Any ideas. Is this thing a auto shut off. If it is shouldnt it switch once I plug output line to stop water going into unit, and stop wastewater aswell.

Attachments

• IMAG0413.jpg
    IMAG0413.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 127

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Yes that white block with 2 red and 2 blue lines are your auto shut off. What kind of pressure are you running? Anything less then 40psi and they will not work. They are touch and go up to 60 and normally good over 60psi.

I run a float just in case with it and no issues. It is even a $0.99 eBay float

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Wagonpitt

Gauge is conected to red line out of auto shut off and after carbon. Psi fluctuates but usually around 55 never under 50

When i put my finger on the output basically doing what a float valve will do nothing happens. Pressure keeps building up and eventually leaks past my finger. I kind of feel like it enough to push a float valve down and let water out.
Isnt something supposed to happen inside auto shut off so that pressure stops building up on floatvalve(or finger) and water stops coming out of waste line.

Basically completly shutting off input to entire unit so no water comes in or out anywhere, also making sure the unit doesnt get pressureized in

Might be wrong, call me stupid if i am. Just tell me how to set this up properly. Dont want to leave it on and come back or wake up to wet feet

Also small tanks maxspect razor blue line just died on me as it was ramping down to lights out. White works on all modes. Seems to be kinda common and upgrading to newer 15k pads should take care of it, ofcourse its saturday night so cant get parts for a few days. :( shitty luck !

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
#1) Do both your ro membranes have check valves on the waste water lines?
#2) Is the in on the auto shut off connected to the red line coming from the gauge?
#3) Have you checked the auto shut off valve?

Wagonpitt

Forgot about this was dealing with light.

I think these are check valves. These fittings are square tip, some of the others are round. I checked google and it matches

Aso IN is hooked up to gauge.

Will take apart and check if clean.

Ill get the float and try it out, maby its my faulty finger.

Thanks guys
00c1beef2ef90237ffa4c013a5405030.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk