RTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
i 'had' a stag that just went thru RTN.
being colourblind i need to wait to have someone that can compare to the cards for me to check my params.
could too much handling or stress from recent fragging and moving have caused this?

any thoughts?

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
If everything else is looking fine, it could just be a random. RTN can just happen, but usually can be attributed too less than perfect conditions. Get your params checked and at least you will know if this is could be the cause. Green stag is usually pretty hardy for sps.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
I've never had a coral or frag grown stictly in an aquarium RTN.....definitely no random RTN.  I have had wild and maricultured corals go poof for what seems like no reason or silly reasons like it didnt like the placement.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
it is definately an aquarium grown stag.  its a peice of the one that Rick got from you recently.
What are the causes?
I had another one that had a fairly quick stn.  was nothing like the rtn tho.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Interesting......never had a problem with that one.  Your tank conditions may not be ideal for SPS.  Can you give us....

NO3
PO4
ALK
CA
MG

Also please let us know what you used to test these..... 

It could be a fluke.......good news is I can get you a replacement cheap.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Ok.. got all my readings now.
My nitrates and phosphates are both quite high.

nitrates 25  forgot to see what company.. was 2 powders
phosphates 0.27  hanna checker
ph 8.1
calc 452  hanna checker
alk  189  10.584dkh  hanna

Noticed a few days ago that my skimmer was not functioning properly and now doesnt work at all.  Im figuring that the high nitrates and phosphates are attributed to this

will be doing more water changes to help bring these down.  instead of once a week i will do 2 maybe 3 times a week.  smaller ones. 
also checed the tds coming out of my ro/di and it is at 43ppm.  guess i need to change my media.

will running carbon in my tank help? 

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Hey Dave....I replied on AP but didnt have the test results.  Those NO3 and PO4 numbers are way to high for SPS......sorry to say. 

How long has this tank been setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.