Salt

Luke.

Distinguished Member
I’m using aquaforest and I love it ! My fav part I find is the salt mixes in like 20 min . And it’s good to go.

Dr. Zoos

I’m using aquaforest and I love it ! My fav part I find is the salt mixes in like 20 min . And it’s good to go.
Do you not get some lingering white stuff? I find when I mix that there is still something the doesn’t dissolve Little white flakes. And having a bare bottom that is black I can see my bottom glass end up with white something all over that I can only guess that is coming from the salt

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Do you not get some lingering white stuff? I find when I mix that there is still something the doesn’t dissolve Little white flakes. And having a bare bottom that is black I can see my bottom glass end up with white something all over that I can only guess that is coming from the salt

Interesting , mine mixes well, I have sand but I get a light and shine in my mixing bucket take a good look and it’s fine .

You use the aqua forest “reef salt” ? And what is your water temp when you mix ?

The only things I’ve seen before is a very tiny bit of film on top of the water , but that’s not for salt it’s probably my water . Are your corals effected at all?

Dr. Zoos

Interesting , mine mixes well, I have sand but I get a light and shine in my mixing bucket take a good look and it’s fine .

You use the aqua forest “reef salt” ? And what is your water temp when you mix ?

The only things I’ve seen before is a very tiny bit of film on top of the water , but that’s not for salt it’s probably my water . Are your corals effected at all?
Yes that’s the salt I use from the big purple bucket. I mix at room temp right now but I’m chamging that set up No effect on my coral at all. All are thriving. I’ve never worried to much about it at all.

Monnishan

Biggest question I top have so far is about which salts are quality salts for reef tanks. I've read some testimonies about Aquaforest's salts mg levels are higher than stated on the packaging and inconsistent mixing / batch results. Was leaning towards their reef or probiotic reef salts.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Biggest question I top have so far is about which salts are quality salts for reef tanks. I've read some testimonies about Aquaforest's salts mg levels are higher than stated on the packaging and inconsistent mixing / batch results. Was leaning towards their reef or probiotic reef salts.

I’ve been using the reef salts and mixes in 30 min never had n issue and I know a lot of guys could agree , n for the price of around $80 (give or take) I’ve always been happy had to add some alk booster 5 times in the last 3 pails I’ve used