Saturday, September 15th

Sarnia Christian School

1273 Exmouth St., Sarnia

Doors Open 9:30 am, Auction starts at 11 am

For more information, please contact:

Bruce Hart  519-683-2822 or Jack VanderAa  519-542-8282

Or email : sarniaaquariumsociety@hotmail.ca

AUCTION  RULES

You do not need to be a member of Sarnia Aquarium Society or any other fish club to buy or sell items at this auction.

All items must be labeled with sellers name, name of fish, number in bag, sex if possible, condition of goods and minimum bid amount when applicable.  PROPER LABELS MUST BE USED.  WRITING DIRECTLY ON THE BAG WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.

Proper fish bags and rubber bands must be used.  Ziplock bags and twist ties are not allowed.  Larger fish should be in buckets or Styrofoam boxes (they tear holes in bags).  Fish must be given ample amounts of water and air space.  Rebagging charge is $1 per bag.  The auction chairman may reject any item not meeting these standards.

We retain the right to reject any fish not fit for sale. (e.g. sick, deformed or badly damaged).

No cracked or broken tanks will be accepted.

All equipment offered for sale shall be in working order.

All items become the sole responsibility of the buyer once they are sold.  We can accept no responsibility    after that.

Sarnia Aquarium Society assumes no responsibility for any item entered in the auction or any personal injury occurring during the auction or on the site where the auction is being held.

ALL SALES ARE STRICTLY CASH!

S.A.S. will retain 30% of the collected bid for each item auctioned.

There will be a $3 registration charge for minimum bid items.

Your proceeds will be mailed to you.  A $1.00 charge for postage and handling will be deducted from your proceeds.

All auction items must be related to the aquatic hobby.

Any item not claimed at the end of the auction becomes the property of Sarnia Aquarium Society.

There is a limit of 6 bags per species per person per colour submitted for sale (e.g. 6 bags red guppies, 6 bags blue guppies).  The auction chairman will, at his discretion, reject any items that exceed these limits.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Think I will have to check this out.. Too close to home not to.

dale

usually alot of stuff there, mostly fw and mostly on a smaller scale (40 gal and under) , plants, fish, parts, filters, books... it usually takes abot 4 hrs to auction it all off.., CHEAP!

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I went there before the autction.  There were some aquaclear filters and such.  plenty of fresh water fish,  and a hexagon tank about 2 ft wide 3 tall.
About the only thing i had use for was that someone was auctioning off fish bags :) I did not hang around.  No one said hi or anythign they seem like a tight knit group.  We shoudl crash it with our saltwater stuff next year.  I have anough random stuff lieing around that I could probably seel a complete ready to go system.  Bring some frags down.. See how many people we cna convert.  Heard lots of ciclid and pirahna and discus talk.  Nothing Saltwater.

J

jones02

i use to go to this one and the london one all th etime, litterly the only saltwater thing i seen there was test kits about 2 years ago lol.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
io was expecting more general equipment.  Heater, powerheads, tanks.  There were a total of 4 fish tanks for sale.  nothing bigger than a weird dimensione 40 gal.  And that Hex tank.  I was thinking of cleaning out my stuff and selling a protein skimmer... these people might not even have a clue what its for lol.  But if we remember... we shoudl set up a salt water table there.  Convert them to the dark expensive but brighter more well lit side of the hobby. :)

dale

ya i went before it started and that was the least amount of stuff ive seen there,  but in the last 5 years or so ive spent a few hundred at that auction.,., a few years ago there were some frags (mostly shrooms) and they went for a good price.,. prob to someone on here....  not this time ,., i was there for less than 2 min.

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
dale link said:
ya i went before it started and that was the least amount of stuff ive seen there,  but in the last 5 years or so ive spent a few hundred at that auction.,., a few years ago there were some frags (mostly shrooms) and they went for a good price.,. prob to someone on here....  not this time ,., i was there for less than 2 min.

Probably my shooms and zoas... I think I'm the only one who has sold frags at this auction.

Neopimp link said:
io was expecting more general equipment.  Heater, powerheads, tanks.  There were a total of 4 fish tanks for sale.  nothing bigger than a weird dimensione 40 gal.  And that Hex tank.  I was thinking of cleaning out my stuff and selling a protein skimmer... these people might not even have a clue what its for lol.  But if we remember... we shoudl set up a salt water table there.  Convert them to the dark expensive but brighter more well lit side of the hobby. :)

Ya thats odd. There is usually a tonne of heaters, small pumps and even a few "larger" sized tanks. I did notice that they keep 30% of what the item sells for now. It used to only be 10%.

R

reeffreak

the 30%  deal is what drove me away from even going ... 10% i would have been game thats a little more fair

J

jones02

all i ever seen at these thinjgs werw test kits, heaters, and tasnks. but i id buy alot of fresh water shit from these things. maybe in a coupl years there will be alot of salte water stuff! that would be nicce.

Status
Not open for further replies.