should i wait it out...red slime prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shayneh

You might have the culprit there....dsb's eventually turn on you and start puking garbage back in unless it's sugar fine sand and even then most would recommend having a remote sandbed that you can take offline to clean after a year.

C

crazybizzle

shayneh link said:
You might have the culprit there....dsb's eventually turn on you and start puking garbage back in unless it's sugar fine sand and even then most would recommend having a remote sandbed that you can take offline to clean after a year.

ouch okay should i vac some of it  out or just leave it so it dosnt create a bigger prob...if that is what it is....ive been trying to figure it out. food im using says " iodine rich formula" just saw that this morning duh prob the food then eh??

S

shayneh

Iodine has nothing to do with it.....I wouldn't disturb the entire sand bed if you feel it is the problem. Break it into say 8 quadrants and with every water change you could vac a section. I would still try feeding a bit less or VSV first as disturbing your sand bed potentially could make things worse or cause a full crash if you hit a pocket of sulphur dioxide....feeling like your dealing with a potential bomb yet? I don't like sand beds of any kind for this exact reason.

C

Cal_stir

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-11/eb/feature/index.php

this is a good read

C

crazybizzle

That is a awesome write up..really puts shit in perspective thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.